Floor foam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
I'm looking for foam used to cover a floor -- we're making some rearrangements, and I'll need to get some exposed concrete covered.

Where does one acquire this sort of foam, and how much does it generally cost?

I'm looking for foam used to cover a floor -- we're making some rearrangements, and I'll need to get some exposed concrete covered.

Where does one acquire this sort of foam, and how much does it generally cost?

call paul kemp at midwest gym supply. he's got all sorts of foam and carpet bonded foam used to fill that request. and he's kinda close to you and down by /near you all the time. you can save on shipping. shipping costs have skyrocketed due to gas prices.

Here is a link to Norbert's Athletic Supply...our sponsor:

Crosslink Roll Floor Systems : Norberts Athletic Products, Gym Mats, Gymnastics Mats, Cheer Mats, Cheerleading Mats, Martial Arts Mats, Stunt Mats and More

Depending on what you need...it's $300 - $700 per roll. Our base layer (to cover concrete) is old 1 3/8" foam covered with commercial grade level loop carpet. The rolls of foam are 6' x 42' and the carpet is either 12' or 15' wide by as long as you need it. We do not seem our carpet in the traditional way...we just use 4" velcro as it sticks to the carpet great. Looks like this:

New HL Rec Area! by MWTgymnastics, on Flickr

Behind the grey is a 2" carpet bonded tumbling strip. Beyond that is a red carpet on 2" foam.

If you are not tumbling on this foam...get old foam and duct tape and cover it with carpet....much cheaper.

EDIT: Same thing in my boys area...old foam and duct tape with carpet over the top. We then cut holes for cables and what not. It's nice though...all mats have a 1 3/8" foam base under them.

High Bars by MWTgymnastics, on Flickr

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back