WAG Floor Music Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been looking for floor music lately, and can't seem to find one that I really like. I was hoping you guys could help me.
I want dark, powerful floor music. I am NOT a dancy person, but I'm an excellent tumbler so my music should be based on that. So... any ideas?

I don't have anything to add in terms of dark or dramatic music, but I hope you don't mind if I jump on this thread and ask for advice as well. If anyone has any idea for my dd--training level 7 now, age 9, and TINY. She looks younger than she is. So I am thinking something more young, fresh, spritely if that makes sense. Even though she is little, she is more of a power tumbler than a dancer. If anything should pop into someone's head that fits this, feel free to pass it along! :)

I don't have anything to add in terms of dark or dramatic music, but I hope you don't mind if I jump on this thread and ask for advice as well. If anyone has any idea for my dd--training level 7 now, age 9, and TINY. She looks younger than she is. So I am thinking something more young, fresh, spritely if that makes sense. Even though she is little, she is more of a power tumbler than a dancer. If anything should pop into someone's head that fits this, feel free to pass it along! :)

How about little bitty pretty one?

You sound a lot like me haha very powerful tumbler and definitely not a dancer!! Here is my floor routine:
[video=youtube;wFqLiy6t2bE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFqLiy6t2bE[/video]

Gymnastics Floor music - Unstoppable - YouTube - I was going to use this one at one stage but chose not to

There is also one called ready for war that is similar
I agree on the hunger games one as well.

Both of my DD's are power tumblers not dancers.

Oldest used Phantom of the Opera (I'd consider this dark) for her Level 8 routine. Prior to that, she had The Mask which is kind of "jazzy".

Little Monkey, who was 10 yr old L7 and tiny had Linus' theme (from peanuts, very fast music) and at 11 for L8 had Tarzan (pretty powerful) and now L9 has Ninja.

When my daughter was a level 7 (age10/11) and a very strong tumbler and not so dancey, she used Eye of the Tiger. Level 8 she used At Worlds End. This was a pretty strong piece.
Fast forward to this year. (Level 9)She is at a new gym and they use a Russian Choreographer. She talked my daughter into trying a piece from Cirque du Soleil (Barock) I thought no way will she be able to pull this off. To my surprise it is a lovely routine that she performs very well.
Don't limit yourself to one type of music because you never know what will click.

When my daughter was a level 7 (age10/11) and a very strong tumbler and not so dancey, she used Eye of the Tiger. Level 8 she used At Worlds End. This was a pretty strong piece.
Fast forward to this year. (Level 9)She is at a new gym and they use a Russian Choreographer. She talked my daughter into trying a piece from Cirque du Soleil (Barock) I thought no way will she be able to pull this off. To my surprise it is a lovely routine that she performs very well.
Don't limit yourself to one type of music because you never know what will click.

I agree with this - I have tried three different styles and its only this last one that clicked

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back