WAG Front handspring bounder bounder

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
So uptraining has begun and I have know idea where some of the drills lead to or if that is what the skill is. She's training level 7 stuff and my scant knowledge of these skills is showing. So where if anywhere does a front hand spring bounder bounder go? It looks pretty cool that might be the point :)

DD competed 7 this year with a FHS-FT, a ROBHSLO, and a ROBHSBT. That seems to be the most common, though I have seen girls with twisting or with longer tumbling passes in level 7. I don't really see them scoring any higher than those girls who just do the basics well though. Maybe they're throwing in some level 8 uptraining, just for fun?

Tonight when I went to pick up I saw DD do a FHS-front pike. It was very pretty, and, she informs me, a "B" skill, (front tuck is an A) but she's not sure if HC will have her compete it this weekend or not.

It's good for the feel of a fronthandspring front layout..or in this case fronthandspring front layout front layout.

Thanks. That makes sense about the feel for the front layout. When do kids do a front layout? See I know nothing about optional skills beyond robhslo on the floor and front handspring front tuck.

Depends on the kid, coach and gym. Usually, from what I've seen, they put it in about level 8. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. But about there.

Well, I guess they are seriously uptraining since she has been doing front handspring front layout on the tumble track lately. Saw her do a front hand spring front tuck on the rod floor into the pit the other day. That was pretty cool. I am always so surprised when she gets these skills somewhat easily as she is NOT a powerfully built kid at all. Think a short long distance runner, all legs :)

My daughter competes a FHSFLO in level 7, although that is not the norm in our area. Most kids compete a FHSFT and some throw a pike instead of a tuck. My daughter has never competed a front tuck because she put her second B skill in her tumbling instead of doing a 1 1/2 turn.

My daughter does front handspring/front layout/front tuck or pike in her Level 8 routine. It seems like a fairly common Level 8 double salto pass.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back