Getting Nervous!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
My first meet isn't till January, but I'm getting anxious and excited. I am so nervous though. I am from Canada and it's in the US and I'm competing L8. I don't have all my skills yet though!
Vault:
Front handspring full

Bars:
Kip, cast horizontal (hopefully handstand), free hip horizontal (handstand?), sole circle, catch high bar, uprise, kip, flyaway.

Im missing so much bars!

Beam:
Full turn
Handstand back handspring step out (hopefully i get it)
Switch split Pike jump
Round off back tuck (layout?) dismount (hopefully)

Floor:
Round off back handspring layout full (or layout half is not quite ready)
Front tuck round off back handspring back tuck
Front layout
Double turn
Switch split side leap (or switch side)

Sorry its so long.
Anyone know my start values, or just any advice in general?

I am not a judge or coach but my girls are competing level 8 this year too. I believe you are missing a release move for bars and need to reach handstand twice to get full credit.
Your vault, beam, and floor seem to have all requirements, I think.
Will you be competing in the North Eastern part of the US by chance or Hawaii as your name states?

Good luck!

Hawaii?! That is wonderful. I am not sure how judging is there but I am sure that no matter how the meet goes you will have a blast!

The vault would be a 9.4(?) start value. Bars, you need a 1/2 pirouette, shootover or straddle back to fullfill the special requirment. Casts need to be to hs or you'll get angle deductions up to .3.
I forget if the hs-bhs is allowed now---maybe a judge or coach will jump on this thread. Make sure you hit 180 on your leap.
Floor looks pretty good---not sure if L8s can do double turns.

I'm pretty sure the L8 beam series needs to be a moving series with flight, meaning typically BWO-BHS or BHS-BHS if you're going backwards...

Good luck, hawaii gymnast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back