WAG Getting out of gym or other classes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nope. Last year in our district was the first year they took away the credit for club sports. I fought it all the way to the school board to no avail. They only allow the high school sports to get credit for 1 semester of PE, because they say "we know what they are doing and can prove it meets PE standards." I offered to do an independent study, home school PE only, etc. The only option we got was PE at school or PE online in the summer. Since he needs off periods to get home work done and next year to get to practice on time, we are paying outrageous fees to do summer school.
Oh on that I would probably be talking to a lawyer. What about homeschoolers??? Yep I would be getting lawyer. They would need to prove what standards they are meeting and allow it to be matched. Oh yeah that is a fight I would love to have. And my husband would too.

Oh on that I would probably be talking to a lawyer. What about homeschoolers??? Yep I would be getting lawyer. They would need to prove what standards they are meeting and allow it to be matched. Oh yeah that is a fight I would love to have. And my husband would too.

Yeah. we talked about it. I just don't have the time or the energy. We continue to work with the athletic dept. but I work 730-4 every day, and then we drive from an hour for practice, where I am for 4 hours, then an hour home, repeat. I barely have time to remember to shower ;) But I plan to work wtih the district to change it. They only give credit for one class, and he still has one more to go, so I am continuing to work on it :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back