Parents Going to Olympic Trials

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

drivingmom

Is anyone taking their DD to the Olympic Trails next summer? My girls want to go, but it would involve airfare for us and I am having a hard time justifing it to myself, let alone my hubby. We already have a vacation planned, so this would be a bonus trip. Wondering thoughts?:confused::confused::confused:

I'm in the same boat. We are an east coast family but my brother lives in San Jose, CA and it just so happens that we may be in CA around the same time as trials. How can I say no? Seriously considering it. However I'm not sure that I can afford tickets to the trials for the entire family with the cost of the trip. DD wants her cousins to come so it will be hard to say it's just going the me and her or dh and her at the trials.

How cool would that be? My sister lives just outside of San Jose and my kids have been dying to take a trip to visit her. Maybe we will be planning our family trip to San Fran next year! Thanks for the heads up so I can start saving now :)

We aren't going to the trials but already are planning on going to the Visa cup next year as it is in St Louis and we are only 4 hours away. Also my sister lives there so we have a place to stay.

If we had a place to stay I would consider it more, but airfare and a hotel cost$$$$. Just not sure...........

A large group from our gym is going because we are only about an hour away from San Jose. Because we bought our tickets as a gym, we had to buy a pack of all 4 nights tickets - I'm hoping to be able to sell the mens session tickets and recoup some of my $$. We got awesome seats in the bottom section right by the uneven bars so it should be lots of fun!!

Yep

After gettnig positive feedback regarding the event from other posters on this site, I decided for sure to take my daughter, as part of a road trip to see redwoods and some other sites in CA. We are flying there and renting a car. I visited their table at the fan fest at VISA, called the number on the flyer for tickets after. I think I got a deal since we visited their table and bought early. Still not cheap though (we got the all event tickets). I am using miles and points for air and most of the hotel, so that helps a lot in holding cost down. My daugher was disappointed when she realized we are flying their, LOL, she wanted a ROAD TRIP. I assured her there will be plenty of miles to log in California!! PS for anyone else trying to use Marriott points, I couldn't get many of the hotels to pull up on Marriott's website for the point nights, but when I called the 800 number they were able to book them for me...

Yowsa

After gettnig positive feedback regarding the event from other posters on this site, I decided for sure to take my daughter, as part of a road trip to see redwoods and some other sites in CA. We are flying there and renting a car. I visited their table at the fan fest at VISA, called the number on the flyer for tickets after. I think I got a deal since we visited their table and bought early. Still not cheap though (we got the all event tickets). I am using miles and points for air and most of the hotel, so that helps a lot in holding cost down. My daugher was disappointed when she realized we are flying their, LOL, she wanted a ROAD TRIP. I assured her there will be plenty of miles to log in California!! PS for anyone else trying to use Marriott points, I couldn't get many of the hotels to pull up on Marriott's website for the point nights, but when I called the 800 number they were able to book them for me...

Just saw the typos, yes I do know the difference between their and there. And also know daugher is daughter. Sorry about that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back