DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LilyChow7

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Judge
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1460463262.398277.jpg

So I just seen international gymnastics magazines post about the set up for the Olympic Games and test event. They posted- Don't forget the overall affect will be different, and the test event will probably have a different look than the final Olympic Games, though the podium and mats will probably remain the same. Here are the last three Olympic arenas to compare!

What do you think of the green?

DO not love it, but we will get used to it and remember it as the backdrop to many great routines.

Biles can be the queen of green.

I HATED the London pink when I first saw it, but ended up not really minding it at all as I was focused on the routines. I'm sure I will get used to the green as well.

I don't mind it but I love green. I am sure it will be fabulous when there is amazing gymnastics goign on in it.

Green with tan mats makes me feel like I'm on a golf course. It will probably fade into the background once the gymnasts take the floor though.

I hope so! I don't love it but I guess I am just so used to seeing the blue.

I think the brown floor will be harder to get used to than the green.

I'm interested in whether color psychology is taken into account when choosing the predomedant color for the competition area. I think of green as being either calming and peaceful, or a color restaurants use to encourage patrons to relax, stay longer, eat more...

I agree the floor color is the biggest adjustment. Imagine if they changed the beam color randomly:eek:

I think of psychiatric units- commonly painted green as it's calming...
It's also why the waiting room for performers behind stages is called the green room. Many have been painted green for it's calming abilities too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back