Parents Gym dad conversation...made me giggle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As a gym dad I even get to come on Chalkbucket every once in a while and read about what's going on. I have to spend my time in the opposite direction of DD's gym and driving and being soccer dad to big sister. I know which level she competes at, know where she placed at States & Regionals from 5-8 (twice). I go to all the local meets if I can. I have to be around for soccer so I can't travel. I hold the video camera for all local meets. I even know most of her teammates names and faces. And being numbers dad, when it comes to state and regional meets I'll review her competition and get a feel for where she'll place! DD asked me the other day if I even knew what she did. I think I only got about 50% of her moves right, but I got a nod of approval.

Truly, my husband is probably more suited to being a good gym dad than I am to being a good gym mom. After all, he was the one who used his great litigator skills to help his baby sister plead her case to their mother for why she should be allowed to take gymnastics classes, move to team, etc. His sister finished her collegiate D1 gymnastics career last spring, however, our fifteen year old is a fourth year L10 who convinced one of her little sisters that a gym is really just the coolest indoor playground. I'm not convinced DDjusturned5, who aspires to grow up and become a dolphin or a pediatric surgeon, will ever want to move up to team and compete (at least in gymnastics---she had a blast at both of the fun in-club meets her jr. swim team had this year) but if she does then DH will be called on to continue as gym dad extraordinaire.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back