Gymnastics New Years Resolution?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you have a gymnastics new years resolution? Mine is to get better on bars. I don't know why but whenever I am on them, my wrists start to hurt, and that distracts me from whatever skill I am working on. Oh, and I am breaking in my grips too, so that doesn't help.

Well I have a few and mine like yours is to get better on bars and then to get stronger and more flexible by not cheating in any strength/flexibility

haha i used to cheat in strength too hahahah :p coach: "Jess did you do 40?" me:"YEAH" coach: "giving me the look haha" me: "fine" *does another 10* haha
i dont need to cheat on flexibility haha actually i think we do to little oversplits haha :p people say my shoulders are freaky and my splits haha :p

haha i used to cheat in strength too hahahah :p coach: "Jess did you do 40?" me:"YEAH" coach: "giving me the look haha" me: "fine" *does another 10* haha
i dont need to cheat on flexibility haha actually i think we do to little oversplits haha :p people say my shoulders are freaky and my splits haha :p

haha our flexibility and strength goes for 1.5 hours so we all get exhausted and its not that i don't do them all i just do them poorly :p and splits don't even get me started i am relatively flexible but it kills me!

Another secret resolution of mine is to stop my coach from counting and clapping! seriously its all you hear in the gym (other than irish HC) you hear 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4.............clapping every time :|

My resolution is to work like a psycho on floor and flex. I really need to improve my tumbling...by "feeling" it instead of overthinking it! And staying really super duper tight. Also I want to get my cast handstand...I resolve to skip our break every day to work on my cast handstand drills!

My goals are to become more confident in my gymnastics. My coaches always tell me that i have the ablity and talent to do level 8,9,10 ect. but i need to believe in my gymnastics more. Which means that i will have less fears if i believe that i can do new skills, which is going to make a huge impact. Thats really all my goals for the year. Right now im at the spot where i was thinking about college scholarships later on, but im just going to start having fun with it and doing it because i love it not because i need to have it to go to college ect. :)

My new years resolution is... well actually i have a couple.
-First one is to not get injured...haha 2 ER visits within a week at the end of theyear was not goo, whichis not including some of my other injuries from previously in the year.
-My second one is to get all of my optional skills back that I am loosing because of my injury :/
-And my last one is to qualify for state and move up a level:)

#1: Stop being such a wuss. Honestly, I'm such a wimp. Particularly on beam.
#2: Sort out my cartwheel! One leg goes over fine, the other goes round the side and I cannot seem to stop it. Don't know why I've suddenly started doing that (I had bursitis in my hip a while back and I think that's when it started, don't know if the two are connected), but it's really annoying.
#3: Keep my hands straight in backbends / backhandsprings / whatever, instead of turning them out.

#3 is a recent addition. Coach has always nagged me about it, but I turned my hands way out when going into a backbend recently and ended up with a huge painful lump on the back of one wrist! I must have jarred it. Idiot.
Perhaps I should add another resolution...

#4: Find a better way to fix faults than "hey, last time I did this I discloated my thumb/jarred my wrist/sprained my ankle, maybe I won't do it that way this time!"

- Stop being scared of beam
- Get those darn giants by myself
- Get my full on floor without a spot
- Get my tsuk!
- And to enjoy meets and competing and have fun :)

DD's gymnastic resolutions

Stop being the wobble queen of beam and stop being nervous on beam. Also on floor go big for the tumbling so she can do the L8 tumbles.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back