Hairstyles Help !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I need some hair styles for practices and meets. But I have side bangs .
and I cant find any hairstyles .
Any suggestions ?

What in the world are side bangs?????? Are those like long bangs that sweep to one side or the other?

ETA: I am very bang-sympathetic. Bella is growing her bangs out and they are in that horrible too-long-to-wear-down, too-short-go-pull-back stage.

My dd has been growing her bangs out since December. It's a long process and I'm constantly handing her clips. They are below her nose now but still can't fit back in her pony tail. She has shoulder length hair. Her hair stylist told me to spray them with hair spray (we also have this stuff called cheer putty that is great for competitions) an twist them. Then I clip or pin to the side. It works great and gets the bangs out of the way.

What about 2 french braids where you part your hair down the center and do one on each side? This will keep the shorter hairs in pretty good especially if you spray it good!

A side braid in front is really cute and keeps your bangs out of your eyes.

Part on the opposite side they sweep to. Then start french braiding down your front hairline. I only pick up hair on the side towards the front, but that's just me. Braid until you get to ear level or so. Put a tiny rubber band on it. Pull the ends into your ponytail/bun as normal.

I was just going to recommend what CoachGoofy said above. I like to french braid dd's hair starting at the top side and go down using a rope braid method (only picking up from one side). That way the braid looks cleaner and won't grab from the back and naturally runs around the head. You could actually continue to run it around the head all of way to the back and then put it into a ponytail or bun. It's super cute and keeps those darn bangs away!

The spider web hairstyle is great for blending back any kind of bang. We always did some variation of an elastic braid for dd's competitions. We used very small actual rubber bands and then cut the rubber bands out when the hairstyle was over to avoid pulling hair out. If you go to PrincessHairstyles.com and search under the subheading "elastic braids" you can find lots great pictures with how to instructions. For that matter the whole website is full of incredible styles and it links out to their gallery of still photos.

Just spray them back with lots of hairspray and use lots of clips just like everyother gymnast out there with bang issues. (My DD has those longer bangs too and that is what she does) Think Crown of clips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back