Parents Halloween practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LilHawkMom

Proud Parent
Ours has practice and they do not cancel. I was just wondering if others still have team practice on Halloween? If so, does your child go to practice?

Normal practice for us. My dd (7 years old) is going. She always chooses gym over everything, even trick to treating :) she will be done with practice at 7pm so if she wants we will take her to a few houses, but at this point she says she will just share her siblings candy.

Our coach decided to cancel practice. I was surprised, older dd has ballet and That never gets cancelled ( and gym getting cancelled is rare). So, we were fully expecting to be at the gym and studio as normal and go out quickly afterwards. Instead, dh will pick gymmie up from the dance studio where I will be getting her ready, they will go toting , and dancer will go later with her friends.

Both of my dd's are going to gym today as normal but I do expect a lot of children will not turn up and go trick or treating instead, it is better to give parents the choice as not everyone celebrates Halloween or do not go door to door trick or treating, some prefer to go to organised parties instead, my family are going away this weekend to combined Halloween and firework celebrations.

DD trains 2:30-7:30 normally but today it is cut to end at 4:30.

HC has usually cancelled practice for the compulsories only but this year cancelled the optionals as well. They are heading to camp tomorrow so she gave them the night off tonight. Yay!

Our gym cancels practice on halloween. I am glad-I understand that not everyone celebrates, but it's a tricky night to be out driving.

Our gym is closed. I like it. We are able to get home before it gets too crazy out there with kids walking around. PLus it lets the coaches do the trick or treating with their kids!!

Happy Halloween!

We're practicing. About a third of DD's team is too old to trick or treat anyway and they're going to have a Halloween practice theme (can't wait to see what that means!). There are a lot of activities going on tomorrow night that are costume friendly so we'll just go then.

We trick or treat - its not fair to the non-gymmie siblings (they give up so much for their sisters to do gymnastics, so this is one night that gym is not the priority!)

Last night our gym let the girls come in costumes that they could still train in, tonight the gym is closed.

Wow. I knew halloween was a much bigger deal in the US than here, but I hadn't really understood it was that big a deal.

Here it's a bit of fun, but relatively minor. Usually it's a school night, and as our school is a Christian (CofE) one, they aren't allowed to support or promote the celebration of halloween and have to distance themselves from anything to do with it. This year it's fallen in half term so there is a party - yay.

Gym would never be cancelled, not even for rec classes. I can't imagine it would even occur to anyone...

Practice is cancelled--in fact the whole gym is closed after 4 p.m.! (my swimmer daughter is upset though--she still has high school swim practice!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back