Parents Halloween practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We had a two hour practice today rather then 5. 1/3 of the gymnasts were there. It was a great practice. Almost like a private :)

DD practiced until 5:45 instead of 7:00. She went trick or treating after. About 2/3 of the girls were there and they combined with the level 4s...DD loved it because the were allowed to practice squat ons for the first time and she claims she 'almost did a giant!'.

Our gym was closed. I wouldn't have sent her anyway. The owner took a poll over who would be there if they held a practice and decided immediately it wasn't worth it and they closed. Dd was so happy to have a night off and a small break to spend with friends.

All team gym party last night, gym closed at 230p today. DD's trick or treated for 30 min and are now on the couch watching a Halloween special

Thank you for the replies, it is interesting to hear how others do things. Our gym cancels rec classes but not team. Last year I kept him home without asking his coach, they had wanted him to come because he had a big meet the following week. This year he went to practice and has a big meet the following week. He didn't mind at all missing Halloween. It was me who didn't want to miss Halloween with my other kids. We live a hour away so no way to just drop him off. This year his older brother drove him for me so I could be with the younger kids. Happy Halloween!

Our gym did not cancel the practice. Normally it's 3:30 to 6:30. I came to pick DD up at 5:30, she was the only one there! 2 hour private practice! Nice! LOL

My daughters gym was open but we didn't go. Her practice is normally 4 to 7pm and her group ranges in age from 6 to 12. My gymmie wanted to go for an hour or so and then trick or treat but we live to far to drive for one hour of practice and then I would have had to rush to get her and her sisters ready. Out of a group of almost 30 only 2 girls were coming (sisters) and they were only staying for an hour. If we were closer to the gym I would have let her go. My older daughters dance studio closed.

Late reply, but our gym closed mid-afternoon on Halloween. DD didn't have practice yesterday anyway, so it didn't make a difference.

Our gym was closed, but even if it hadn't been, I would not have allowed my daughter to go. Gymnastics is what she does, not who she is. Who she is is a member of a family, a friend, and a member of a community. Halloween is a big community celebration here. Schools have parties and /or parades. Then kids get the "real makeup" on for trick or treating. Many have a pizza party with friends they are going trick or treating with around 5:00. Then trick or treating 6:00 to 8:00 pm. I love how all the neigbors who want to participate leave their outside light on, most with pumpkins. It's fun to see the neighbors dressed up, or sto stop in and see their pets etc. Some of them have fires in their front patios or a portable firepit in the driveway. It's fun stopping at the neighbors houses, showing off the costumes (in my daughter's case a costume she has been working on for six weeks). People of most religious persuasions celebrate.

Yes, kids eat candy. Big deal. My daughter has a bunch Hallween night, a few pieces for a few days after, and then pretty much forgets about it. We are in bed by nine o'clock Halloween night.

Halloween night is the first night of the best time of the year. (We love the holiday season in our family)...

Nope, she is not going to miss the tradition of Halloween for gym. Gym comes before everything thing else many nights and weekends of the year, but not on Halloween. On Halloween she gets to be just another kid in the neighborhood having a blast.

Oh, and yes I did need an extra cup of coffee this morning!

there was practice last year, and LL was one of 2 who attended. ;-)

this Halloween there was no practice, but my daughter chose to stay home & watch Stick It instead of trick-or-treating.

Our area does trick or treat night on the Friday prior to Halloween so many of our local celebrations were last week.

My DD chose practice and ended up with about an hour of one-on-one instruction. We had bad weather Halloween night anyway, and the mall ran out of candy 45 minutes in (we took younger DD). They ended up visiting a Trunk or Treat last night anyway, so ODD didn't miss a thing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back