Parents Handstand roll down

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

guest301

My dd has this on her routine for in gym meet. Her meet is nov 10. She does amazing handstands when it's just handstands. But when it comes to handstand + roll down it looks like she is doing a very good dive roll. It's been going on for a month now. Every week it's worse and worse. Her handstands are better and better every week when it's just them by itself. I think she is more focused on a roll that's for sure. Lol.

I asked her to count till 3 on her handstand but she starts counting as she goes into a dive roll. I asked her to freeze her handstand but that leads to 1/2 sec semi handstand prier to roll.

Is this a hard trick? Lol my son also in gym tries to show her but it makes her mad. She is very upset that she works hard but can't get it.

Her couch doesn't have luck either noticing it's not as it used to be.

Any tips?

Let me be the first to give you this advice. Let her coach give her corrections. Tell brother to work on his own skills and not to tell her how to "fix it". You get to be the head cheerleader and boo boo kisser.

i'm confused. the lead up for a dive roll is from a 3 step run. and kick to handstand and the roll down starts from a static stand position.

p.s. and what txgymfan said...

Well it kinda looks like a dive roll from the handstand kick lol
But you guys are so right on this one that I just need to stay away from wanting to fix this.

okay, now i understand. as a coach, they can place a panel mat in front of her so that she stops in a handstand. then the coach removes the panel mat for the roll down. sometimes it needs to be broken down this way so that they are not kicking and rolling simultaneously. :)

My L2 tends to do the same thing. It isn't really a dive, but she REALLY doesn't hold that handstand for long at all....it's like the second her feet get up there she's going into her roll. I haven't brought it up because it isn't in her routine this season. I'm just gonna wait and see if it improves over time.

by chance are you with Johnny down there in the bayou? Carly Patterson's 1st and real coach?? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back