Help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everybody! Haven't been on here for a while! My situation: I am training giants at my gym, I have got until thursday to get them (training everyday until then) and I have a rip on both hands:mad:. One rip is about the size of a penny:eek: and the other is about the size of my pinky nail. I have got practice today, and they really hurt! Any suggestions besides taping? Thanks in advance!

Well you can get the liquid skin to put over the open wounds but you will still have to tape them. Also if you don't have giants yet putting an impossible deadline of this Thurs is just going to get you down if you don't get them by then. They will come when they come don't try to rush it. You probably want it for an upcoming meet but seriously if you just relax a bit and don't put that extra pressure on yourself with that deadline you will do better and get things quicker. A giant is a hard skill and it takes time to get. Relax let the rips heal a bit and take it one step at a time.

I assume you are keeping your rips nice and clean when away from the gym, right? If they get infected then they will really hurt.

At gym, I would have my girls cover them with a bandaid, then tape, and then their grips. You still might feel it, yes, but it shouldn't rip further.

Well you can get the liquid skin to put over the open wounds but you will still have to tape them. Also if you don't have giants yet putting an impossible deadline of this Thurs is just going to get you down if you don't get them by then. They will come when they come don't try to rush it. You probably want it for an upcoming meet but seriously if you just relax a bit and don't put that extra pressure on yourself with that deadline you will do better and get things quicker. A giant is a hard skill and it takes time to get. Relax let the rips heal a bit and take it one step at a time.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I didn't set the deadline, my coach did. She said she won't spot after thursday, but I'm not quite sure if she's 100% true on that one. Oh, and I do need them by the next meet, I am a level 8 and bars is the only event I am lacking on.

soak your hands in hot water, keep putting burts bees hand salve on them and put plastic bags over your hands when you sleep at night.. i know this all sounds really weird but it works really well for me!

good luck on the giants :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back