Home conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Adelita.19

Gymnast
I was wondering if anyone had any home conditioning things that I could do at home non-gym days. Anything would be good. Thank you

Handstand push ups are fun! Kick up into a handstand against a wall and bend your arms at the elbow up and down like you would in a usual push up. This helps to strengthen the arms and shoulders. Do you have a park near by where there are monkey bars? You can do chin ups, dead hangs, all sorts or things. Do squats, for extra resistance hold some textbooks from school in your hands. You could even go for laps in a swimming pool if you have one, or have one near by.

I like to do splits, (over splits), handstand holds, chicken walks, handstand push-ups, push-ups, crunches, upper body crunches, lower body crunches, flutter kicks, arch ups, hollow holds, sit ups, and planks. If you have stairs, you can do stair runs.

I'm a little bit of a dork cuz I actually don't mind conditioning because it is good for you! My older brother and sister are also big into sports and really athletic so they do stuff with me sometimes. That makes it a lot easier, like when you have someone else to do it with. Some of the stuff we do is push-ups, crunches, v-ups, squats, lunges, planks, handstands, wall sits, hollow holds. Really anything you can do at the gym without equipment you can do at home. But try to mix it up a bit and try not to do really hard workouts on the same muscles two days in a row.

Sometimes we will just make up workouts for each other. Sometimes we make up little games like whenever our fav football team scores we do a pushup for each point our team has (kinda like Cheerleaders do). Other times we challenge each other to contests or something like that and it always makes it more fun and makes you push yourself harder! I def love challenging random boys I know to conditioning contests and then watching the look on their face when they lose!!! But yeah, being in shape for gym is a lot of work, and it might not be the most fun thing in the world to do, so try to vary it up a bit and make it a little more interesting if you can.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back