Parents How long is your competition season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
We are new to Texas (2 months) and just got the meet schedule for this year, its SO short compared to what we did in New York. If we were still in NY her first meet would be in November sometime with the State meet the end of April, so almost a 6 month long season. Our first meet here in Texas isn't until mid-Jan, with the final state meet being mid-march, so only 2 months. (she is level 6). I'm not complaining too much since the meet fees are higher this year since shes an optional, and every meet except the one our gym is hosting is a travel meet, with one being all the way in Colorado, its going to be an expensive two months!

Which meet are you doing in Colorado?

Our boys' first meet is Jan 16, and regionals are in April. We can do meets in Nov/Dec, but usually don't. The girls' run the same schedule, starting Jan. 10th.

We are new to Texas (2 months) and just got the meet schedule for this year, its SO short compared to what we did in New York. If we were still in NY her first meet would be in November sometime with the State meet the end of April, so almost a 6 month long season. Our first meet here in Texas isn't until mid-Jan, with the final state meet being mid-march, so only 2 months. (she is level 6). I'm not complaining too much since the meet fees are higher this year since shes an optional, and every meet except the one our gym is hosting is a travel meet, with one being all the way in Colorado, its going to be an expensive two months!

Your Texas schedule sounds like what we are used to in the southeast. We start in January, with state at the end of March and regionals at the end of April. A 6 month season is pretty long, in my experience, but I know some parts of the country seem to prefer that. Our level 8/9/10 girls have a meet in December, so they get a bit of a head start on the 6/7 teams. But in our part of the country, fall season (mostly compulsory) is still wrapping up in November with state meets.

Pikes Peak Cup

If you have never been to Pikes Peak meet before, you will be in for a new experience. If you can swing it, stay at the Broadmoor; we have done it 3 times and it is well worth it. Definitely visit the on-site restaurant, the Bee, for some of thier wonderful fish and chips. Warning - this will not be an inexpensive weekend for you; between the hotel, gate admission, and the on-site vendors, you will need some room on your credit card.

Good Luck.

If you have never been to Pikes Peak meet before, you will be in for a new experience. If you can swing it, stay at the Broadmoor; we have done it 3 times and it is well worth it. Definitely visit the on-site restaurant, the Bee, for some of thier wonderful fish and chips. Warning - this will not be an inexpensive weekend for you; between the hotel, gate admission, and the on-site vendors, you will need some room on your credit card.

Good Luck.

And Beautiful scenery!!! Be prepared for the altitude changes too :) Our girls will be there I think.

Our season begins in October, but it's mostly local\in-house\pre-sectional meets going on throughout October and November. There are a few bigger meets at the end of November through December, but the pick of the season seems to be January - March, with States being March through May, depending on the level.
DD's first meet was at the end of October, with state meet the first weekend in March, so a little over 4 months total.

JO is sept-states next weekend, and then a second spring season (not sure the exact dates), xcel is jan-may (regionals), t&t is january-july (nationals). The t&t season looks really long, but they have the least meets- 2/3 before states, then regionals, and nationals if they qualify.

My dd's first meet was mid September and the State meet is the first weekend in December. She has/has 5 regular season meets, the State meet and one mock meet (which was the end of August). This is the schedule for levels 2-5.

Our compulsories compete September through April. States are in December though.
Optionals compete January through March, with states at the end of March/April.

We had a practice meet in early Oct. had to move some meets because of leotards being delayed shipping (thanks GK) So our first real meet is Dec 6/7 With States in middle of March.

Where I live competition seasons often last around 10 months. The kids begin their first competitions in March and their last will often be in late November.

Compulsory season is September-early December. Optional season is January -April, longer if they qualify for Regionals, Westerns or Nationals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back