MAG how much gym over break?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
In light of our reports about the "fun" of dealing with bored gymboys over American Thanksgiving, I'm wondering what fresh hells you all are facing in the next few weeks?

Things are mostly normal for DS next week, and then we're heading off for a short trip. They have a meet the first weekend in January, so the coaches will be working their little butts off with four practices between Christmas and New Year's Eve. But then . . . nothing until Thursday! Agggh!

We always had two to three weeks of no gym at Christmas, so we just planned other activities that had nothing to do with gym. Good break for the gym muscles, but still staying active. Obviously our choices in Canada might be different than yours but it was never that hard to keep them active, though drop and dash wasn't so easy.

We usually only have Christmas Eve/Day and NYE/Day off, but we don't have the schedule yet. Coach also likes to do two-a-days over the break, so they will sometimes do 2 hours, with 30 minutes for lunch and playing, and then another 2 hours or so. Just depends on his thoughts. Hopefully we will have a schedule soon!

Our girls have their last practice on 12/19 and don't have another one until 1/2 - almost 2 full weeks. I wish they had at least one practice in there since they have meets coming up less than 3 weeks after they are back in the gym.

SO dreading the break!!! All three kids home non stop for 2 weeks with nothing to do but make messes and bug me cause they're bored . arghhh... kill me now.

I just hope the weather is OK. It's hard to figure out things that can burn the same quantity of restless energy as a practice if you can't kick 'em outside for at least a few hours at a stretch. I can take them skating, but MY legs won't take that for two hours a day! And I hate hiking in the cold . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back