Parents How much is your comp leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All in AUD

Tank leos (foundation to level four) $90
Long sleeve leo (level 5+) $300
Tracksuit: $150

The long sleeved leo stayed the same design but jumped in price a lot this year. There are cheaper options out there but these are made in Australia so the price reflects the high labour costs here and the design, which is cut and sew, and a mix of mesh and different coloured mystiques. When we eventually change it, we’ll probably get a sublimated one, which will bring down the cost a bit.
If you order from somewhere in China, it will be cheaper. But the quality will be Chinese :) + shipping. I haven't tried it. In general, yes, Australia has an expensive labour cost.

We did it for $375. In Australia.

I hesitate to reply. As a mom of an optional level acro gymnast, acro leos can be CRAZY expensive, and anyone above Level 8 needs at least two, jr elite/elites need 3. I got lucky this year and found a seamstress who did my daughter's mixed pair (boy/girl) leos for $350 so it cost us $700 for the season. But we have trios and pairs with leos that cost 600+ for just one. There is a lot of sharing/buying used, and it is up to each pair/trio/quad group to set their own budget and work within it, but it can easily get insanely expensive.

I hesitate to reply. As a mom of an optional level acro gymnast, acro leos can be CRAZY expensive, and anyone above Level 8 needs at least two, jr elite/elites need 3.
Oh yes indeed. My daughter’s gym has acro, including elites, and those leotards are something else. We have some mums who can make them at cost, and some duos/trios choose simpler designs than others, but it still gets very costly very quickly. Especially as different groups are rarely so perfectly sized so that second hand items can be bought as a unit.

All our junior levels just use our junior competition leotard now rather than their own custom leo as it keeps things cheaper and generates a second hand market.

Rhythmic leotards are a bit the same - just club leotards at the lower levels, but something different, and fiercely expensive for each event at the senior and international levels.

Our Xcel (Gold on up) and DP Leo cost $375 two years ago. We switch Leo’s every two years. We have not yet received the cost of the new one for this upcoming cycle.

We do a new Leo every other year and try to keep it under $200, but it's lumped together with the other team.fees - warm ups, meet fees, etc.

We do new leos every other year, and yes, that is within the average (for the US at least) Ours for upper levels were about 300 in the past (about half that for the younger girls) but this year looks like it will be closer to 350.

Last season's "Senior" leotard was $140. The seniors are all supposed to be involved in the discussion, but YG was left out of the discussion, and they chose one that she WOULD NOT be ABLE to wear. It was the final nail in the coffin of her competing her senior year (long story for another time).
Regular team leotards were also $140 if they were bought new. We had to go with a different manufacturer beginning in the 2021-22 season because Alpha Factor shut down. Our new manufacturer was willing to match the old leotards.
We also have wonderful families that will sell their too small or not competing anymore leotards for $50-60. There are also those that will create a 3 cornered exchange where between 3 gymnasts, the families have the correct sizes for all 3 ... usually it involves a younger sister of a retiring older sister and 2 other active gymnasts.
Our backpack is $50.
For Warm-ups, the girls can wear their black activewear pants / capris of their choice and the jacket was $40.

Last season's "Senior" leotard was $140. The seniors are all supposed to be involved in the discussion, but YG was left out of the discussion, and they chose one that she WOULD NOT be ABLE to wear. It was the final nail in the coffin of her competing her senior year (long story for another time).
Regular team leotards were also $140 if they were bought new. We had to go with a different manufacturer beginning in the 2021-22 season because Alpha Factor shut down. Our new manufacturer was willing to match the old leotards.
We also have wonderful families that will sell their too small or not competing anymore leotards for $50-60. There are also those that will create a 3 cornered exchange where between 3 gymnasts, the families have the correct sizes for all 3 ... usually it involves a younger sister of a retiring older sister and 2 other active gymnasts.
Our backpack is $50.
For Warm-ups, the girls can wear their black activewear pants / capris of their choice and the jacket was $40.
oh no why couldn't she wear it?

Our Xcel team leo (all levels) was $160. This was our first year on Xcel, but it seems the team had the same leo the previous year. Not sure if they will keep the same one or do a new one, but my daughter has likely outgrown hers and will need a new one anyway.

oh no why couldn't she wear it?
She has unusually large (normal) tonsils. The doctors don't want to remove them unless there's a reason ... and apparently, the fact that they ALMOST touch isn't good enough.
The leotard was one that clips behind the neck. senior leo.jpg
She struggles enough with wearing anything with a crew neck. We have always (after buying her a "high-neck" leotard at a meet because she was 7, and she really wanted it ... she wore it to ONE practice ... and tugged on the neck almost the entire time ... until I had her change into one that I had JUST bought from the used leotard rack.) been very careful with making sure her practice leotards were either v-neck or scoop-neck.
We have lucked out with her team leotards (although we did have to size up from a CL to an AS on one of them because of the angle of the asymmetrical neck opening). Triala leotard.jpg

She has unusually large (normal) tonsils. The doctors don't want to remove them unless there's a reason ... and apparently, the fact that they ALMOST touch isn't good enough.
The leotard was one that clips behind the neck. View attachment 8722
She struggles enough with wearing anything with a crew neck. We have always (after buying her a "high-neck" leotard at a meet because she was 7, and she really wanted it ... she wore it to ONE practice ... and tugged on the neck almost the entire time ... until I had her change into one that I had JUST bought from the used leotard rack.) been very careful with making sure her practice leotards were either v-neck or scoop-neck.
We have lucked out with her team leotards (although we did have to size up from a CL to an AS on one of them because of the angle of the asymmetrical neck opening). View attachment 8723
oh that is such a shame for her. I can see that would be really uncomfortable.

optional gymnast and now I feel bad about complaining about the price. This year, the cost was $225, the highest we’ve ever paid.

Our current comp leo was $270 but we will use it for 3 years. It is great as long as your kid doesn’t grow too much!

Our current comp leo was $270 but we will use it for 3 years. It is great as long as your kid doesn’t grow too much
This is the problem, when talking about kids under the teen years there is no doubt they’ll grow. I thought ours were expensive but reading this thread I guess I should be relieved as i’d be pissed to pay these prices when it is possibly to get cheaper as I have no doubt mine will need a new one each year for quite some time. Hopefully we can sell it.

$350USD. All apparel required (from our youngest level to lvl 10 $650. It's our 6th year and costs have doubled in that time. Year 1 for us it was $175 for the Leo, and $325 total for all apparel. I went back to Quicken to look it up. Now I have two.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back