How to help/support my gym friend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My friend and neighbor who is 12yo, has very troublesome ankles. She is a level 5 when I am a level 3 and I really look up to her. We are such good friends, like sisters. A few weeks ago she went to the doctor to have them see what was wrong with her ankles. They think she has an extra bone in her foot, which is giving her pain. Today she told me she might have to quit gymnastics, have surgury, or both if it doesn't improve. She loves the sport and I can tell that she hasn't been acting the same since she found out the news. How can I support her in this hard time?

supernumeraries are no big deal. you get them removed and get back to training.

remember juliet bangerter? same thing. competed in 3 championships and 2 world championships. and she had those extra bones removed 2 years apart and in between national & world championships.:)

I just want to make sure she is happy, like I said she is like a sister to me. I guess I will just have to reassure her of her abilities. I didn't know much about what was happening so, I will just have to support her how I feel like I should.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back