Parents ideal skills testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sally

Proud Parent
Just wondering if any Australian coaches or really anybody could tell me about the ideal skills testing. My 6 year dd coache said that she will be doing this test next year for idp 3. I was having a look at what they need and the skills seem to be very hard meaning that they are harder then the idp 3 routine. Just wondering why that is.

The y don't have to have all the skills it is just a measure of their progress.

I know a little bunny who's just had a tramp class added to her schedule to reflect the tramp component of ideal testing. And she's only IDP 1. Is ideal testing maybe optional for 1 & 2??
PS: Doing IDP 3 at her age is beyond awesome!!

they don't have testing but on the ideal skills list is idp 1 and 2, and boy are they hard. For idp 1 they need to have a kip, front sault on floor I think. That is quite hard for idp 1 where you don't need those skills to ipd2. Yes dd is doing very well she is learning 3 skills now with some idp 5. They are really pushing the young ones through atm but dd is really loving it. However at regionals she will compete 2. She was very excited as the other day she got her round off back flip with a back sault, sorry don't know the names.

These skills are required for IDP 2, so gymnasts in IDP 1 should be training them and getting them now in order to be successful IDP 2's next year.

As the gymnasts get to a higher level there will be A LOT of uptraining, the skills they are competing will be far below the skills they are working because it takes time to master a skill and get it to the point of competition readiness.

Thanks Aussie Coach, that makes sense. That is why they have my dd training idp 3 skills now for next year. So hopefully by a next year when they have the testing they will be ready. So you are training a level ahead of what they are competing. My dd amazes me as these skills look so hard for little 6 year olds.

ok thanks for that might take a look. I haven't seen one done just heard about it. A girl my dd trains with did her first one this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back