WAG If you could pick any US meet.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1canadiangymmom

Proud Parent
Coaches, parents, gymnasts: if you could pick 1 meet, that is well run, fun, great competition, for all WAG levels 6 through to 10 what would it be? Don't factor in cost/travel time etc. Just what are the best overall meets you have attended. And Go

Chicago Style, Atlanta Crown and Circle of Stars are all large invitstionals and all-around great meets. Each has something different to offer, but are well run and competitive.

Chicago Style - big but very, very well run.
Metroplex - Level 10's compete on podium.
Spirit of the Flame - nice venue
Pikes Peak - its the Broadmoor
We did the Vegas meet, but wouldn't do it again.

Of the meets we've attended, my vote for most well run and best competition is the buckeye classic. Not as fun as far as stuff to do in the city, but my DD feels that meet is the high point of the season just cause the competition is so good and it's so well run. If my DDs gym ever decided not to go, I'd probably have to throw a hissy fit ;).

Chicago Style is my favorite any day....we went almost every year and I adored that meet. Christmas on the Chesapeake was also a lovely meet although taking the Light Rail at night was a little scary:eek:

Of the meets we've attended, my vote for most well run and best competition is the buckeye classic. Not as fun as far as stuff to do in the city, but my DD feels that meet is the high point of the season just cause the competition is so good and it's so well run. If my DDs gym ever decided not to go, I'd probably have to throw a hissy fit ;).

Yes I'm super bummed DDs gym isn't going this year!

Happy to hear good reviews of Buckeye Classic. We are going this year for the first time and I wasn't too thrilled at Columbus...in February.

We are going too! I'm also a bit turned off about Columbus in February but in the end it will be great. The meet is supposed to be excellent, and after all, nothing better than traveling with good friends to a new place.
Plus, I should look at the OS for my oldest.

Columbus isn't too bad in February actually...the Columbus airport is one of the easiest to get in & out of...we've done that meet too, stayed at the Embassy Suites in Dublin or the one at the airport ( don't stay near the fairgrounds where the meet is as that area is kinda sketchy)... if you stay out in Dublin ( 15 minute ride) , there are tons of restaurants off exit 20 up the road.

Columbus isn't too bad in February actually...the Columbus airport is one of the easiest to get in & out of...we've done that meet too, stayed at the Embassy Suites in Dublin or the one at the airport ( don't stay near the fairgrounds where the meet is as that area is kinda sketchy)... if you stay out in Dublin ( 15 minute ride) , there are tons of restaurants off exit 20 up the road.

We always stay at the ES in Dublin as well! If those of you who have never been to Columbus have time, Easton Commons is a very nice shopping/eating area, with an American Girl store. COSI (a science museum) is pretty nice as well.

Dublin is definitely the smart place to stay while in the Columbus area, when you get into the real city of Columbua, specially near the capital building, lots of places are closed outside of daily business hours since it's not very residential...everything gets pretty dead at night. It's weird.

The Buckeye Classic is fun. We stayed for the parade of gymnasts and balloon drop. It was a little party for the kids.
We did 2 different meets at the ESPN Sports Complex in Orlando. Any trip to Florida in the winter is good for us.

The Peppermint Twist leos are very cute, not always high quality but often have good designs.
Spirit of the Flame leos are really terrible.

You can tell my priorities.

My daughter liked Chicago Style and the Cal Classic in San Diego. I would like to go to the Magical Classic or Manhattan Classic or mostlt the one at the Atlantis Bahamas (I know that's not US, so out of the parameter)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back