DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Woodward or IGC?

• Woodward

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • IGC

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm really interested in going to a gymnastics camp. However, they're super expensive ($1000+) and if I go I want to get as much gymnastics as possible. I'm level 7/platinum*. Which camp would you suggest?

*I know platinum can vary widely, but I compete at level 7

We sent my DD to Woodward last summer. She LOVED it. You pretty much spend 3 separate sessions a day training in the gym, with 1-2 hour breaks in between. Lots of individual attention. They also have games, a pool, lots of different places to eat and carnival/craft time. But they are also a skate park so lots of skater dudes around as well lol.

They said they had special guest coaches or Olympians, but only one of the 3 showed up the week she was there, so that was kind of a bust.

Here's what she learned (yes she did learn new skills there). I've heard other parents say it was "just for fun" but I guess that's how hard you work or how much you want it:

1) cast to handstand
2) front tuck off high beam
3) front handspring, front tuck on the floor
4) some twisty stuff in the foam pit (off a spring board). I don't remember what that was called.

It was 100% worth it!

They usually offer $300 of early bird registration and you can get $100 off being a first time camper so you could save $400 off the regular tuition.

Oh and if you have several girls from your gym going, they usually offer $100 off as well. Score!

Hope this helps!

One more thing...sorry, this post got me all excited!...They also have a scholarship program where you can get a few hundred dollars off the fee but you have to qualify as "low-income" and fill out a bunch of paperwork. One of the girls in our group did that and got like $500 or $600 off.

We've done both...and my girls both preferred Woodward, so we went there for many years. IGC was a more structured day than Woodward, and having also worked at Woodward, I'd say their facilities are more "rustic" than IGC. IGC was only for gymnasts whereas Woodward also has the extreme sports on site so you get the skater/BMX crowd, and they are always entertaining...especially at the demos.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back