Parents Instagram Kids

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't believe it is bashing, it is differences of opinion.
To each their own.
If you want to let your child have an acct and monitor it, do it. It's your child, and your biz.
It definitely isn't something we do or believe is appropriate for our child. Once on the internet, it's there for all to see and do what they want with it. I don't think favorably of these accounts, but you don't know me, so it should not upset you nor should my opinion matter.
We all make our own life choices.

OK so you're saying it's OK to talk crap about little kids as long as it's your opinion it's OK?

Oh no I read it lol maybe you didn't see the bashing posts I'm talking about

If you put something out publically you get the publics opinion on it. And you aren't always going to like what the public has to say.

Once something is out in the world, it's open to comment, judgement and opinion...... public is loss of control.

If you don't want public "bashing", the way to avoid or stop it is to not put things out for public viewing/consumption.

Ok lol so you're saying it's ok for people to bash too cuz it's an opinion .. I love it lol

What a great bunch we got here lol so if I say .. that picture in your profile is a terrible leap , then that's ok because it's just my opinion ???

What a great bunch we got here lol so if I say .. that picture in your profile is a terrible leap , then that's ok because it's just my opinion ???

You chose a lot of titles for your profile. That is very impressive.

Usually when someone joins an online forum they introduce themselves before jumping in with a mallet. SO how about you explain why you feel the way you do? Are you an IG'er, the parent of one of these "monetized" kids? Believe me, I know all about internet monetization, it is how my son earns his living. So I do not agree with children being "used" that way. A bit like the child tv stars, in the end it messes them up.

Thankyou. Well I apologize,let me introduce myself . My name is Christina . I am 32 years old . I have 4 children 13,11,8,1. I am a single parent . I have done gymnastics my entire life . I stopped competing at age 10 level 7 after a broken ankle injury I never fully recovered from. I started coaching gymnastics with my mom when I was 11. I started coaching competition team when I was 13. When I was 18 we built our gym and opened in 2004 shortly after having my first child . In the last 13 years I have coached many athletes to success and to be great human beings and ran a small successful gym. I started Instagram for fun when my daughter was 3 and had no idea how to use it . Once posting a few videos and pictures of her doing gymnastics and dance her account begin to grow - by the time she was 5 she had 300k followers and this year at age 7 she was 3k away from 400K. Just recently her page was deleted by Instagram and I started a new one. We do not make a living on instagram and only use it for fun. However she is talked about ALOT in a nasty way on this forum which I have read for the past few years . Just recently I was sent something that wasn't only bashing on her but multiple IG pages . I am well aware that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I would just appreciate it if everyone would think before they say something nasty about a child that they don't even know . That's all. And that is all I asked .

That's just mean. We do have a great bunch here. No need for that. I'm sorry if you feel your child was attacked. Hopefully you'll see that most people here are good and supportive and offer constructive criticism. No need for anyone to say nasty things about a child they don't even know.

It also was brought to my attention that just because I liked a post upthread the OP thought it a good idea to screenshot my CB profile and a couple others and post them in a good size gymnastics Facebook group. I think that's pretty unfair and very aggressive behavior. I haven't insulted or bashed any children. I also in general do not agree with completely public Instagram pages for child gymnasts soliciting products and lots of attention. In my opinion, that's the parents wanting the attention, not the children who are too young to know any different. And you have no idea what kind of person could be out there following these entirely public pages. Be careful commenting on this thread due to what I mention in my first sentence.

I guess we know who you are now OP from all the information you just shared. And we also know who your child is. See how easily that can happen? And many of us do not agree with exposing our children in that matter, or really care about how many "likes "somebody has on social media. So we are allowed to express our opinion even if you don't agree with it.I can't recall anyone bashing any child, just disagreeing with that type of Internet exposure. I for one do not agree with putting on make up and posing my young child for the world to see and also airing all of our personal information . But that is just my opinion. Certainly is not bashing the child in any way.

Thankyou. Well I apologize,let me introduce myself . My name is Christina . I am 32 years old . I have 4 children 13,11,8,1. I am a single parent . I have done gymnastics my entire life . I stopped competing at age 10 level 7 after a broken ankle injury I never fully recovered from. I started coaching gymnastics with my mom when I was 11. I started coaching competition team when I was 13. When I was 18 we built our gym and opened in 2004 shortly after having my first child . In the last 13 years I have coached many athletes to success and to be great human beings and ran a small successful gym. I started Instagram for fun when my daughter was 3 and had no idea how to use it . Once posting a few videos and pictures of her doing gymnastics and dance her account begin to grow - by the time she was 5 she had 300k followers and this year at age 7 she was 3k away from 400K. Just recently her page was deleted by Instagram and I started a new one. We do not make a living on instagram and only use it for fun. However she is talked about ALOT in a nasty way on this forum which I have read for the past few years . Just recently I was sent something that wasn't only bashing on her but multiple IG pages . I am well aware that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I would just appreciate it if everyone would think before they say something nasty about a child that they don't even know . That's all. And that is all I asked .

Thank you for explaining yourself. I am still not seeing the bashing, but we definitely have our own positions.

If you actually did screen shot users photos from this website on Facebook I ask that you delete them, and do not do that again. We are a community and that is not acceptable behaviour. You can be upset, but it is not cool to drag other people on to public places without their permission. This is not IG.

It also was brought to my attention that just because I liked a post upthread the OP thought it a good idea to screenshot my CB profile and a couple others and post them in a good size gymnastics Facebook group. I think that's pretty unfair and very aggressive behavior.

This is not okay behaviour. I am not amused and the member needs to address that ASAP or be banned. Can you link the FB group for me please? Unless it is private of course.

Sure:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GymnasticsMamas/?fref=ts
I think it's a closed group but anyone can follow. @bogwoppit your post is screenshot as well.
This person is just trying to stir up drama. I wish they would all form their own Instagram chat group so they can all agree with each other and post public photos and product placements to their heart's content.[/QUOTE

Some of my fellow gym moms added me to this FB group, but I left the group as it was a little bit much for me. Hopefully my CB info is not there either.

Ugh I screwed up the quote

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back