Parents Instagram Kids

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

More than this, I have finally worked out that this person, who screenshot posts etc. Took them in one of the private social groups, so they were included in a private group that is supposed to make posting safer for everyone, then they literally took private posts and put them out to strangers. This makes me extremely upset. No kids could see that discussion, it was not open to the general public either. Any discussion that happened there was between members in a small private forum.

More than this, I have finally worked out that this person, who screenshot posts etc. Took them in one of the private social groups, so they were included in a private group that is supposed to make posting safer for everyone, then they literally took private posts and put them out to strangers. This makes me extremely upset. No kids could see that discussion, it was not open to the general public either. Any discussion that happened there was between members in a small private forum.
Please tell me they are no longer with us.

So the posts she is referring to are in a private group here on CB and subsequently screenshots from said group appeared on a FB group. And now we have this lovely thread that seems like it came out of nowhere with little context. Am I right so far?

A great reminder folks to be careful what kind of pics you post and how much information you share about your kid. Things like the meet weekend and meet you were at, competition Leo's. Is information.

And foul play can bite one in the butt......

I sure hope this bout of nastiness doesn't affect her business. I would have a hard time sending my kid to a gym that is so cavalier about sharing information that is none of their business and she doesn't have permission too. I can only imagine what she shares about her little minor customers and their families. Not a place I could trust. But that's me.

Yes, it is from one of the social groups. Pretty sure we all know who she, and her daughter are based on the info.

I don't see anyone bashing kids on here, ever. Your children are adorable and innocent, you, however, seem to be an attention *****. You say you only do Instagram for "fun", yet you are out there begging people for more follows and help to get your followers back on your new account. You post live videos where you force your child to say hi to her "fans" when she is clearly not into it. You also only got so many followers because you had your kiddo on toddlers and tiaras, so you obviously LOVE the attention. Although anyone who would dress their baby/toddler up like that and parade them in front of the world clearly has issues to begin with. And to top it all off, your child isn't even enrolled in gymnastics anymore.

A strange thread for sure; I scratched my head and said to myself - huh?

I personally don't know who she is nor care to; I believe oversharing on the internet is a bad thing and putting stuff out there for questionable reasons is a bad thing. This board has never "bashed" kids; this board is a place to discuss and learn. If you don't like what you see, then don't read it.

My two cents. Moving on.

Wait -- are you saying that the posts that got the OP to register and complain were not even posted on the public boards??

Exactly. In a social group where it is supposed to be more "private"

Reactions: sce
Ugh I screwed up the quote
I think I'm going to leave the group as well. It's really getting taken over by this sort of thing, and it's just not something I want to see on my FB feed. It's a shame. Some friends added me too a couple of months ago.

I would never bash or criticize a child...

Now, might I have a strong opinion on the parenting a child received and the actions that parent takes? Yup.

The interesting things...

The FB group self-identifies as the CRAZY moms of gymnastics (No further comment needed on that)

And that FB group specifically says that it is a private group and to not share any information/photos without getting permission ahead of time. (So apparently courtesies like that only apply to her and those who agree with her.)

And why did IG delete her original account in the first place?

I don't know or care who she is. I am never on IG (CB & FB already suck up enough of my time). But if the screenshots aren't taken down, she will have proven that she has no respect for this community and deserves to be banned.

Please stop the bashing on instagram kids.
Thanks!

Where is this coming from? Was there a topic on Instagram kids that I missed or are you just upset about this in general? By the way, I can't tell if you are really upset about it or not because you keep "lol'ing" in your posts. I also just read that you are new to the forum. Why would your first post be to tell all of the people on this forum to stop bashing Instagram kids? Do you assume it's only from the members here? Sorry, I just think your post is super random. o_O

I have to say infinitely worse then the OP of this thread, is the CB member who fed this person the screen shots. Isn't that a huge violation of the rules around here?

That a member who was cleared to get into a social group screen shot and shared outside is a big problem. I would rather hope that person will no longer be with us.

Yes. Whoever that person is, s/he has seriously violated the trust and norms of this community, and I believe the explicit rules as well. I don't like seeing people banned for things other than lying about their identities, but this one really crosses the line for me. Private groups can't work unless people in them can trust that they will remain private.

Yes. Whoever that person is, s/he has seriously violated the trust and norms of this community, and I believe the explicit rules as well. I don't like seeing people banned for things other than lying about their identities, but this one really crosses the line for me. Private groups can't work unless people in them can trust that they will remain private.

And to betray trust in a group like that. I mean, the point of groups is to have a safer place.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back