Parents Is anyone else ready for Winter break to be over?!?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jen H.

Proud Parent
Good grief!!!

I can't wait for Jaden to get back to gym tomorrow. She.has.been.driving.me.CRAZY!!!
Literally bouncing off the walls!!!
They were off last week and tomorrow is her first day back and I.CAN'T.WAIT!!!:tongue:

feel for me then - gym finished on the 16th December and wont start til 8th January - she uses every opportunity to gym it

FILE0112.jpg Practicing beam mounts at the world famous Eden Project, Cornwall !

Good grief!!!

I can't wait for Jaden to get back to gym tomorrow. She.has.been.driving.me.CRAZY!!!
Literally bouncing off the walls!!!
They were off last week and tomorrow is her first day back and I.CAN'T.WAIT!!!:tongue:

Love it!!! :D

As a side note, one of my dearest friends is from Cornwall and is there for the Holidays, coming home today-I will have to show her this picture!

bound to have been to Eden, was lovely today as its wasn't very busy, as we are locals we get a £5 ticket valid all year. If they they are from Cornwall they will love the sign I saw

FILE0090.jpg " Commin' dreckly!"

I agree with Dunno. I am not a winter person.

As to the OP, this is the first time DD has not had a winter break from gym. When she was at the Y, there was always a week or two off, which is definitely tough with a high-energy kid. At her new gym, she had a regular practice schedule last week (with Friday being a "fun" day where they were supposed to "dress up" (red and/or green leos and shorts, holiday hair thingies, red/green nail polish, etc.) and each level performed the dance they had been working on in dance class. This week they had one fewer day of practice, but the practices were 4 hours instead of 3, so pretty much the same # of hours in the gym. And next week they start on Monday with their regular practice schedule again. I certainly wouldn't have hesitated to take her out if we had family activities planned, but mostly she was there while I was at work anyway, and she enjoyed being with her friends. So no complaints about not having a break!

We're almost back to normalcy Jen! I was worried my J. would be sore after being off for over a week but she seems to have bounced back. I hope the move up from 12 to 16 hours next week goes as well!!

Even though DD has been off this week, she's already been over to gym for open gym and has asked to go tomorrow, LOL! Her regular schedule starts back on Monday which is fine by me.

My DD's gym club is closed for nearly two weeks, and her dance school is closed for three :eek:

She was feeling restless and wants to improve her stamina, so we booked her a session with DS's judo coach - a very good looking young man who is quite evil ('You're saying you're done - right, 5 more reps - 5 - 4- 3- 2- 1.5 - 1') which is a good life lesson in itself (she's 11). Anyway, he invited her to join in with the judo class, and the look of pure glee on her face this evening as some hapless lad flew over her shoulder...

She now wants to pick up a judo class once a week just for fitness and variety, but we have made it clear that she will not be grading or competing. Judo coach says that if she ever wants to take it more seriously he is very impressed on lots of levels...

LOL only so my hubby can go back to work LOL he took from christmas to new years off and he is driving me crazy LOL

ME TOO!!! Kids and Husband. I think Im more ready for my husband to go back. It's like having another child around..a really big one.
It's really funny how I'm the ONLY one who did NOT get a Christmas/New Years break. I got more work for the holidays. Sometimes being the Momma is the pits..lol. I wouldn't change it for the world to be honest..but I can still complain once in a while...right? lol

Deanna I agree. I work like a dog over the holidays, cooking and cleaning up. I certainly wouldn't mind changing the hubby and kids helping out more that's for sure.

Tree comes down today :( I feel like we just put it up. Hopefully the kids and hubby will last longer and help with the clean up after the tree is down.

I'm the opposite. I'm back home from college. I love where I'm living now and my new job and school and everything... but I really love being at home in my tiny mountain town with my family, volunteering at my old gym best!

Mine has needed the break I think. Couple of weeks to rest and recover, get over a virus, and she'll be ready to start back this week!

Mine started back at gym tonight - her handspring vault was... interesting and she struggled with bars. Lots of the girls seemed to have achey wrists/elbows by the end of practice - have got used to doing far less!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back