WAG Is this surprising or not? Amimee Boorman moves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Interesting. I believe Cypress is the last place they worked out before the new gym opened. She left and with her the coaches and half the team...I think they trained in a warehouse for a while the finishing touches were put on the new gym, but I am not as 100% on that info.

Honestly knowing that, it makes me wonder if they went to work out at Cypress for a bit just to feel out the coaches!! Lol.

It's a new gym....supposed to be a beautiful facility......I'm sure they will be taking A LOT of kids from the surrounding gyms.....there are many in the Sarasota, Bradenton area.....

Did the girls that Justin was coaching at EuroStars stay there? Im sure they didn't follow him to Texas, but a lot of them followed him to Eurostars. Wondering what they have set up for those elite training kids.

Did the girls that Justin was coaching at EuroStars stay there? Im sure they didn't follow him to Texas, but a lot of them followed him to Eurostars. Wondering what they have set up for those elite training kids.

At least one of the gymnasts from EuroStars followed Justin to Texas. Not sure if there were others.

Interesting. I believe Cypress is the last place they worked out before the new gym opened. She left and with her the coaches and half the team...I think they trained in a warehouse for a while the finishing touches were put on the new gym, but I am not as 100% on that info.

Honestly knowing that, it makes me wonder if they went to work out at Cypress for a bit just to feel out the coaches!! Lol.

Simone was not at Cypress before WCC finally opened. That would have been a long commute. It's not even the same side of town. Different gym in the area. Then in a make shift building.

I'm wrong and Jon Horton is a liar, got it.

I'm familiar with the commutes in northwest Houston, since I live here.

It will be very hard to convince me that things I saw with my own eyes did not happen.

Several followed, although presumably not all. At least 3 off the top of my head but could be more. A very talented kid also followed the female coach they recruited from many states away.

Also I think the deal with the Cypress coaches was really more of an interim thing while Aimee was dealing with all the trials and camps and before they secured a new coach (Justin). I mean they were only there for like two months before they went to NZ? I have to assume they knew they were going to NZ before WCC, because that doesn't seem like the kind of thing that happens last minute. I assume it was just sort of fates aligning as far as someone needing to step in for Aimee and them having a few months gap before moving abroad.

I'm wrong and Jon Horton is a liar, got it.

I'm familiar with the commutes in northwest Houston, since I live here.

It will be very hard to convince me that things I saw with my own eyes did not happen.

I believe he said that she came to use their pits sometimes. Different than regularly working out there. He also did not say when, so it might have been not as recently.

Aimee Boorden seems like an extremely down to earth and logical person. In the articles I have read about her over the years, she acts like a very normal mom who happens to be an unbelievable coach, and who happened to get Simone.....She also coaches differently than the 'norm' by allowing for a kid to be normal and have a life.....If you watch the youtube presentation of her at EVO, she walks out with her entire family, and basically says.....its always been just a job......it has not gone to her heard. Now, if this is truly how she is, then the desicion to leave Simone after taking her to the Moon, and giving her husband and kids priority seem completely the right thing to do.
Kudos to her.....I love that she is breaking the mold!!!!
if i only lived near Sarasota....the sun, beach....Aimeeeeeeee.....

Wow following a coach all the way to Texas...did the families move, or are the kids staying with families? Several of them were pretty young. Wonder who followed?

Wow following a coach all the way to Texas...did the families move, or are the kids staying with families? Several of them were pretty young. Wonder who followed?

Not sure, but I think for some of the kids at least one parent went with. Not hard to find out with how much they and Justin use social media.

Anyone know anything about Evo where Boorman is going?
I met the Mom of a boy from there. I think a number of boys followed a boys coach from another gym when EVO started. Might be wrong on that though. I know that coach briefly worked for World Champions Center but then moved back to Florida, it seems to start EVO.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back