WAG Is this surprising or not? Amimee Boorman moves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks! I was getting lost following the who was where and when and where who was going and when:eek:
Terry moved to New Zealand with his wife a few months back and Justin moved down to Texas in replacement. For people who don't know Justin he is a super fun smart coach. I had the pleasure of working the Utes camp with him and he is full of energy and a great technician.

Aimee Boorden seems like an extremely down to earth and logical person. In the articles I have read about her over the years, she acts like a very normal mom who happens to be an unbelievable coach, and who happened to get Simone.....She also coaches differently than the 'norm' by allowing for a kid to be normal and have a life.....If you watch the youtube presentation of her at EVO, she walks out with her entire family, and basically says.....its always been just a job......it has not gone to her heard. Now, if this is truly how she is, then the desicion to leave Simone after taking her to the Moon, and giving her husband and kids priority seem completely the right thing to do.
Kudos to her.....I love that she is breaking the mold!!!!
if i only lived near Sarasota....the sun, beach....Aimeeeeeeee.....

Ditto to that! If only we lived near beautiful sunny Florida....

Aimee Boorden seems like an extremely down to earth and logical person. In the articles I have read about her over the years, she acts like a very normal mom who happens to be an unbelievable coach, and who happened to get Simone.....She also coaches differently than the 'norm' by allowing for a kid to be normal and have a life.....If you watch the youtube presentation of her at EVO, she walks out with her entire family, and basically says.....its always been just a job......it has not gone to her heard. Now, if this is truly how she is, then the desicion to leave Simone after taking her to the Moon, and giving her husband and kids priority seem completely the right thing to do.
Kudos to her.....I love that she is breaking the mold!!!!
if i only lived near Sarasota....the sun, beach....Aimeeeeeeee.....
I just checked radar out of Sarasota just now, nothing pretty about it!

They built it. The why I don't know.
This is from The New Yorker article earlier in the year....

"Biles lives with her parents, Nellie and Ron, in a suburb north of Houston, ten minutes from the World Champions Centre, a fifty-two-thousand-square-foot gym that passersby sometimes mistake for a megachurch. After Biles won Worlds in 2013, Boorman told the Biles family that she wanted to leave her old gym; Nellie, who co-owned a chain of fourteen nursing homes around Texas, suggested that the Bileses build a gym. “My contribution was to say, ‘You should spell “center” differently,’ ” Ron, who is a retired air-traffic controller, told me. The Centre, which opened last November, is a gymnastics Valhalla, with a giant foam pit, forty-foot ceilings furnished with helicopter-sized fans, and a sign on the gym door advising parents that they are not welcome on the mat."

They built it. The why I don't know.
It may have gone down like this:
Sinone'smom- heavens to Betsy gymnastics is expensive! I could have bought like 87 yachts by now
Simone's dad: man that's right, hey I know, let's just buy a gym, then we'll get paid to come to the gym every day.

Simone's mom: ok let's

The end

Sinone'smom- heavens to Betsy gymnastics is expensive! I could have bought like 87 yachts by now
Simone's dad: man that's right, hey I know, let's just buy a gym, then we'll get paid to come to the gym every day.

The end
pretty smart, I'd say!!!!

The end
Definitely possible.

I can say, we've had our frustrations with our gym (it's a city program so unique issues with that.) It crosses my mind how much easier it would be to not be with the city. As well, coaches have joked about ideas on building up interest in boys gymnastics and a business they could create with those ideas. If I had the money, I would jump on it.

Again, Simone's parents are not newbies when it comes to building and operation businesses.....this is just one more endeavor. Aimee was brought in for Simone.....exclusively.....to train her to her highest potential and get her to the Olympics....which she did and should get an A+++++.
That gym I'm sure has a decent business model and is doing fine....
Aimee should get a huge bonus and should be happy to move wherever she pleases! Simone wants a break too and she's 19! No baby.....if she decides to go back in 2020, She can move to Sarasota, or wherever her path takes her.
The separation seemed VERY amicable. But what do I know......
Anyway, who wants to go to Sarasota???? hurricanes????who cares!!

Again, Simone's parents are not newbies when it comes to building and operation businesses.....this is just one more endeavor. Aimee was brought in for Simone.....exclusively.....to train her to her highest potential and get her to the Olympics....which she did and should get an A+++++.
That gym I'm sure has a decent business model and is doing fine....
Aimee should get a huge bonus and should be happy to move wherever she pleases! Simone wants a break too and she's 19! No baby.....if she decides to go back in 2020, She can move to Sarasota, or wherever her path takes her.
The separation seemed VERY amicable. But what do I know......
Anyway, who wants to go to Sarasota???? hurricanes????who cares!!
Why does it feel like you are arguing with us, when we are just imagining things? And Gym Dad quoted an article that made it pretty clear how the Biles' gym came to be. The thread started asking if Aimee leaving was a surprise. To many of us it was, to Simone probably not but that's speculation on my part.

Awesome that Aimee is family focused and seems to have a great opportunity in Florida. Also awesome that the Biles family could build an amazing business and have Aimee stay to train Simone through the Olympics.

I've seen the gym. My friend's son had a level 4 meet there and I went to support them ( and see the gym too). It is gorgeous! I giggled like a school girl when I saw Simone's locker. Towards the end, Simone and her friends came in and watched for a few minutes. I didn't want to bother her so I didn't ask for a picture , I'm still both proud of myself and kicking myself. Ahhh!

I told my girls some of this today. They both agreed that it was very smart of her parents to open their gym, that ANY kid ANYWHERE NEAR there would die to get to train at the same gym as Simone, so her parents (according to my 10 and 12 year olds) will make tons of money because every kid would want to train there.:p

Reactions: sce
I told my girls some of this today. They both agreed that it was very smart of her parents to open their gym, that ANY kid ANYWHERE NEAR there would die to get to train at the same gym as Simone, so her parents (according to my 10 and 12 year olds) will make tons of money because every kid would want to train there.:p
Smart kid

Funny thing is that Simone only trained there for a few months. The new gym opened less than a year ago. Her sister still trains there though and I'm sure Simone will be around, keeping in shape, practicing for exhibitions etc. One thing I only recently learned, is that her brother runs it. He was taken in by different family members and is a bit older.

Sce, you have been disliking my posts for sometime.....I'm not sure where I have rubbed you the wrong way. Sorry if I have.....
My point was that it was not a surprise to those directly involved.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back