WAG JO National Team Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The NIT may go out fewer places because there are less competitors...only 2 (maybe 3 in Sr age groups) per age group...so instead of 56 competitors like JOs , there are only 16 so maybe that's why only 6 (I don't have any first hand kinowledge of this tho..)

Apparently they ran out of medals yesterday for NIT, they were only awarding to 6th place anyway. But many kids are having their medals mailed to them.

Fail.

How do you run out of medals? They knew how many girls were competing, so I'm assuming too many ties? You gotta plan for that stuff!!!

How do you run out of medals? They knew how many girls were competing, so I'm assuming too many ties? You gotta plan for that stuff!!!

NO idea, why wouldn't they pack extras, But as they do not award ties there is no reason not to know the exact number of medals needed, and get it right.

That happened to DD a few years ago at states. She was in one of the last sessions, and they had run out of golds. Her medals were mailed to the gym. HC actually had a little awards ceremony in practice, and announced the events and put the medals around her neck.

They do award ties, and there were a lot of them...

Yes but I understood that if they have 3 girls tied for first they do not award 2nd and 3rd, they skip on to 4th. Therefore, yes awarding ties, but the number of medals should not be masssively different. Plus they should account fir having 5 on 6th place etc etc.

Oh you are correct on that with the ties but they do not do the tie breaking amongst the ties ...for ex, if three are tied for third, all 3 get a bronze medal, and not just the one with the highest AA....

Oh you are correct on that with the ties but they do not do the tie breaking amongst the ties ...for ex, if three are tied for third, all 3 get a bronze medal, and not just the one with the highest AA....
which would account for not having enough medals at 1-3rd places. Hopefully they had enough in the general medals

They only brought the winners out on Day 1 (Jr A & B/Sr A & B) and the rest were out in a different room...on Day 2 (Jr/Sr C & D) , the girls sat by region in the crowd and winners (including my daughter!!) were called up from the audience...that seemed more inclusive and allowed the girls to cheer their teammates.

This same format (of only bringing winners out) was used at Easterns in 2009 that was held in Tupelo, MS so maybe it's a Mississippi thing...

Congrats to your DD, bookworm! That is exciting! :)

The NIT may go out fewer places because there are less competitors...only 2 (maybe 3 in Sr age groups) per age group...so instead of 56 competitors like JOs , there are only 16 so maybe that's why only 6 (I don't have any first hand kinowledge of this tho..)

Jr A had 29 girls in NIT.

They gave a "bouquet" one fake one real flower...at least it was something, not quite the same photo op as having a medal to wear though.

Bookworm, congrats to your DD!

I also think that the JO national team allows you to compete in open international meets. I think the team went to Elite Gym Massilia (or something like that) in France a year or two ago.

No! only Elites on an Elite (not JO) National Team may compete in an FIG sanctioned event. you might be thinking when either region 6 or 7 sent their region all star team there. can't remember if that was the meet or not.

Jr A had 29 girls in NIT.

They gave a "bouquet" one fake one real flower...at least it was something, not quite the same photo op as having a medal to wear though.

Bookworm, congrats to your DD!

this was because they "ran out of medals". they are being mailed to the kids. :)

No! only Elites on an Elite (not JO) National Team may compete in an FIG sanctioned event. you might be thinking when either region 6 or 7 sent their region all star team there. can't remember if that was the meet or not.

Yeah you are right. The girl I was think of when I posted was Alex McMurtry from Richmond Olympiad. She is on the Region 7 All-Star team. Sorry that was my mistake.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back