WAG Judges pay

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Fijiwater

Proud Parent
I was wondering what do judges get paid per meet? Seems to me there are pretty much the same ones all over our region, and they do a good job.

i don't think anyone is going to answer this one....i think the question is unusual.

Why is the question unusual. In Australia the is a set amount that judges are paid for each comp and its well advertised. The amount varies depending on your judging qualifications. Most get $20-$40 per session.

Seems to me there are pretty much the same ones all over our region, and they do a good job.

It's interesting that you've noticed that too. I went to watch a college meet a few hours away, and I recognized one of the judges from USAG/ club gymnastics. A couple weeks later she was the judge at my high school meet!

I think the state sets the guidelines, I thought I remember reading some meeting minutes that proposed a rate for the coming year. It would be a matter of record, you could research.

Why is the question unusual. In Australia the is a set amount that judges are paid for each comp and its well advertised. The amount varies depending on your judging qualifications. Most get $20-$40 per session.

I'm tired (early morning) and at first I read this to mean they get $20 - $40 per *competition* and I was thinking, "wow. They really must just be in it for love of the sport. There are times that would barely cover the cost of gas to get there!" But then I realized that you said per *session*. Makes me feel better. I was about to feel really bad for all of the judges! :p

I know in our state the judges also get money for gas and mileage. They are also expected to carpool when possible and only the driver gets the gas and mileage money. They also get hotel and some food. I do agree most all of them do do it for the love of the sport it certainly is not an income generator.

it's like asking you how much you make in your job. some of us were raised not to ask questions like that. and judges will never make enough money for sitting there from 8 a.m. till 9 p.m. and judging 58699765657658997995874653558697 flat backs and handsprings.:) and this is whether they know what they're doing or not.

Thanks that was informative! Seems to be public info, not unusual to know, generally, what a profession's salary is.

Same here, judges pay is standardized. They get a shared hotel room, a per dime for meals, gas mileage for driving and between $20 and $40 a session depending on their level. Here we use fig and all routines are optional in nature.

We are paid by the hour using a set rate that depends on what level rating you have. Plus mileage. But it gets a little complicated at times with meets that have long break times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

Is the judge's level based on the gymnastics level they are judging...like does the same judge get paid more to judge a L10 meet than they would a L4? Or is it a years of experience type of thing that determines the judge's level?

I'm kind of paying attention to who the judges are this season (never did that before)...I've noticed they tend to have event specialities? Like a particular judge tends to always judge bars, etc...is that how it works or is it just a coincidence?

Your rating is based on which test you take and pass. You must take the 5/6 compulsory test and then you can take 7/8, 9, 10, National and lastly Brevet.
Judges can judge any level within their rating. Usually the State Judging Director assigns judges and yes, some of them do the same event a lot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

it's like asking you how much you make in your job. some of us were raised not to ask questions like that. and judges will never make enough money for sitting there from 8 a.m. till 9 p.m. and judging 58699765657658997995874653558697 flat backs and handsprings.:) and this is whether they know what they're doing or not.

I dont think its like that at all. Its just curiousity of what a certain job pays. People want to know all the time what certain jobs pay........nurses, teachers, engineers, etc.....and that same argument of not making enough for what they do can be claimed for a lot of jobs......
I was actually curious on this subject as well. I see the same judges at our meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back