Parents Just Another KIP brag....except to me!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just got home from dropping my daughter off at the gym. She arrived a little early and wanted to show her coach how close she was to getting her kip. She had actually found a little spot at the playground where there was a nice spot to practice. It has a raised spot in the back and a bar in front and she has gone 2 or 3 times (for short times) and practiced. She was really not even close before, her glide swing was not good and she was not getting her toes up to the bar. Well she watched a couple you tube videos of the kip that were in slow motion and that seemed to get the timing better in her mind and when she went to show her coach how close she was she did it! She was so surprised she almost fell off the bars! LOL! I think her coach was pretty surprised too because as of last week she was not even getting her feet up to the bar! I was so excited that I got to be there to share it with her! I never leave till practice actually starts and she (and everyone) was so excited! Just had to share with everyone! This is the first skill she has really had to work hard for and I am so excited for her!!

Congrats! That is a huge skill to get. Be careful on those playground bars tho... if they're metal, they will tear her hands up like nothing else!

Thanks for the advice.....the bars at the playground are a really smooth painted metal and do not seem to hurt her hands thank goodness. Most playground bars have her hands hurting in just a few minutes. Just picked her up from practice and she said she did it more in practice. She is so very excited!!!

Congratulations to your daughter. This was one of the first big skills my daughter had, and was thrilled when she tested into a level 5 group from the beginning because of it. I learned later it was because she'd been "practicing" her gymnastics... after school on the way home at the abandoned playground, and at any piece of junk metal she could get on. I'm glad she's practicing at an actual facility, we had to explain the rule right away about keeping gymnastics in the gym no matter how cool it looks!

Way to go! I'm has finally got it for this year although it comes and goes sometimes. It is a really tough skill!

We've just started down the long kip road so let me add my congratulations!!!! It is a big deal and I think we parents appreciate it even if it isn't our kid who is getting the skill. So way to go to your little gymmie and may the next groups coming up have lots of luck too!

How fantastic for her!! That's such a tough skill for them to get. DD got hers recently and wanted me to tell everyone we saw. LOL! Congrats!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back