Just for grins...how old will your dd be in an Olympic year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mdgymmom, I thought you would surely get my humor. You do know I was trying to make a joke about MIOBI & the "elite" skills they show,LOL:p.

I know GJM ;)!! But you know me--always looking at the bright side of things!!! Speaking of MIOBI...I can't wait for the new season!!!!

2012 - Emma- 13 too young Ellie 9-too young
2016 - Emma-17-good age Ellie 13 too young
2020 - Emma 21-too old (?) Ellie 17 good age

:) Fun thread. But I doubt we will ever be there unless we go and watch! :)

i will be 17 for the 2012 but i know I wount be good enough then but in 2016 ill be 21 which is classes as a reasnable age for trampolinists ( many on our (UK) national team are 24-28 years old only a few are younger..

I'll be 16 in 2012. :p Not that I'm planning on being there! My oldest brother used to always joke around in how I was wasting my birthday, since I would be the perfect age for the olympics! Ha!

Next Olympics I'll be...uh...well, let's just say it's good that I'm proficient,ish in T&T if I have any Olympic aspirations.

Olympic Years

Olympic Year and how old my daughter was or will be:

2004 was just born (no clue about gymnastics) :cutie:

2008 was 4 years old (she was a little monkey but not in gymnastics yet) :bouncy:

2012 will be 8 years old (she'll probably watch it on tv and try to copy everything she sees!) :jump:

2016 will be 12 years old (she'll most likely ask me to buy her and her gymmie friends tickets to go to the Summer Games!) :eek:

2020 will be 16 years old (she will be the young newcomer winning her first gold medals by throwing tricks no one has ever seen before, thus they become named after her) :)

2024 will be 20 years old (she will be an experienced Olympian, the team leader returning to win more medals then anyone ever has for the USA!) :D

2028 will be 24 years old (she will be called a "has-been" and the odds will be against her yet she still wins more medals along with the hearts of America!) :veryhappy:

2032 will be 28 years old (she will be there interviewing the gymnasts for the media, have her own line of leos, been on cerael boxes,etc.. you know real rich & famous!) :cool:

;) Remember this was just for fun!! lol! :laughing:

2012 11 yrs old
2016 15 yrs old
2020 19 yrs old

I don't think we will be making any of them though, DD is not "olympic" material in gymnastics, we are just trying to make it to L7 maybe. There are just too many things my DD loves to do (Dive team, softball & field hockey) at the ripe old age of 9, even 15 hrs/week seems like a big comittment. But maybe we will be cheering on a CBer who makes it!

Midgets B-Day is in December so technically she is a little younger but with the rules it works out.

2016 14 yrs old
2020 18 yrs old
2024 22 yrs old

She says she will be going. I agree, if nothing else I will take her to one of the above to watch. :D

But I am much more excited about her declaration that she will compete for University of Kentucky some day. We bleed Blue in our house so that makes us very happy.

J will be 17 going on 18 in 2020...

And will be at home or perhaps in the stands watching with us..:D

She has a Dec birthday also.

2012- Will be 15, turning 16 in October
Possible, but very very very unlikely. I'm just going into level 8 now!

2016- Will be 19, turning 20 in October
I know I'll be practically an old lady by now, but I'm already finished growing at 4'10" and I have good genes, so who knows! Maybe!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back