Kip cast handstand help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

CamSeawind

I am really bad at kip cast handstands but I need mine so can someone give me some tips please...:(

hey,

if your doing straddle cast handstand, remember to keep your butt up and dont straddle so early

if your doing straight (feet together) use heel power, not butt power.

but no matter keep leaning and keep pressure on the bar.

another reason you may not be able to make it is because you may not be finishing your kip. your kip is probably the most important thing in that skill.

I'm doing a straddle to handstand and I have a problem leaning over the bar it terrifies me. I'm not really sure why except that i think I'm scared of landing of my face (going over the bar). I don't really like going over the bar on handstands either.

There is one problem. I have a meet in 2 weeks and if I don't get my kip cast handstand by the 8th I'm not allowed to compete bars.

I need my kip cast HS by February, and my coach said that i need a more aggressive kip, which could be the problem with yours.

Also, don't be afraid to go over! If you are afriad of casting over, you will never put all your effort into your cast because you are afraid. Do some casts with a spot on a lower bar and practice turning out of it to get rid of your fear.

But I am not sure how to get a more aggressive kip...and i probably need to figure that out soon!!

dont be afraid to go over. if you do happen to go over just stay tight.also remember dont strddle to early and to get your butt up.thats my problem also make sure you are finishing your kip i also have trouble with that

try doing lots of spotted cast to handstands with a mat in front of the bar and then 'go over' deliberately. If you are scared of casting you will never give it full effort, you will unconciously hold back a little, even if you are trying to go. Good luck:)

I'm doing a straddle to handstand and I have a problem leaning over the bar it terrifies me. I'm not really sure why except that i think I'm scared of landing of my face (going over the bar). I don't really like going over the bar on handstands either.

Dont be scared to lean over the bar. If it helps, ask your coach to help you a bit.
You might be scared because you feel you're not strong enough to hold yourself over the bar.
Ask your coach about strength that will help with it
Good luck!

I'm learning kips CHS too. They are difficult. One important thing is to keep your shoulders over the bar. It's ok to be afraid. To help gain your condifence, if you have a pit bar, do them on that. Then, if you do go over, you go in the pit. also, I dont know if your gym has them,but we have these little floor bars that are 6 inches off the ground. try holding a handstand on that to help your fear and help you learn control. Also, squeez your muscles. it helps you stay up and not fall over. Last but not least, make sure you have a strong kip. Do push away kips and rock kips to help strengthen them. I know this is long and hope it helps!

-gymbaby12 :huge:

dont be scared, i've gone over the bar 4 times, 3 times on the low bar and once on the high bar. i havent once landed on my head coz your momentum flips you onto your back (though you get really winded) but its more the shock that hits you.

the worst thats happened was when my friend when over, when she landed on her back she kneed her eye and was out for 2 training days with a swollen/brusied eye.

its not that bad, when we were first learning it, our coach put a mat there where we would go over just in case.

good luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back