Kip Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I'm having some trouble getting my shoulders over the bar on my glide kip, I was wondering if anyone has any drills to get my shoulders over the bar. And also getting my knees to the bar, which is rare but I need help because it is close to competition time! Thank you!

From ALV_Gymnast

Start by hanging on the low bar with your feet on a block, knees tucked up to your chest. From this position, push up to front support position on the bar. Then come back down again and repeat. I hope this makes sense - it helps to get your shoulders over the bar.

Start by hanging on the low bar with your feet on a block, knees tucked up to your chest. From this position, push up to front support position on the bar. Then come back down again and repeat. I hope this makes sense - it helps to get your shoulders over the bar.
Thank you very much. (And I do understand)

From ALV_Gymnast

For the shoulders over the bar part, make sure you're flicking/rotating your wrists enough and make sure you do it fast enough! For getting your knees to the bar you need to make sure you're extending enough in your glide and don't try to pull up too early!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back