Parents Kyrie at Level 7 states/guess the scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kyrie finished her season yesterday at her state meet. I am so proud of her and think she did a terrific job. She didn't place and the competition was tough but she is always a winner in her mommy's eyes.

Here is a montage of her meet and please guess the scores: (I will post the scores later on)

YouTube - Kyrie, 7, Level 7 States

I saw this on youtube and I thought she did great. Her form is lovely and she looks to be set for L8 on floor and beam. I love her pike on bars and she can sell her routines nicely. What age group did she end up in? She is very young and so I am wondering did she end up with the 7-9 group? It can be hard to be so young and so advanced.

OK, I am not good at guessing either, but here it goes....
V- 8.7 (hard to tell from that angle, looked very nice though)
UB- 8.5 ish
BB- 8.7 (not sure, don't you need a leap at level 7? and maybe they took a rhythm deduction. seemed very slow overall very pretty, great connection)
FX- 8.7 (beautiful tumbling)

She is a fantastic gymnast!! Thanks for sharing the video (and the guess the score game)

I know nothing about scores, but I will give it a try!

Vault: 8.8
Bars: 8.9
Beam: 8.9
Floor: 9.2

She did a great job! Will she have to compete Level 7 again until she turns 8 (I was thinking you have to be 8 for level 8 but not sure.)

She is a lovely talented gymnast. I enjoy watching her!

I am also not good at guessing scores!
Vault - 8.4
Bars - 8.8
Beam - 8.7
Floor - 9.1
Bars looked good to me except maybe a little slow on the giants? But to be 7 and so advanced is quite an accomplishment!! Not matter what her scores are!! She has beautiful form and is so graceful!

Thanks all for the nice comments, so this is how it went:
Vault-8.8
Bars-8.795 not her best, having a problem with her hands hurting and is now going to start wearing grips
Beam- 9.35 (by the way in level 7 a split leap or a split jump can be used)
Floor- 8.8 -this was a shocker because I thought she did great and has never scored lower than a 9 on floor but oh well

to cadybearsmommy: thanks so much! yes, we are planning on competing her level 8 in the fall, she will be 8 by then.

Regardless of the scores, I thought Kyrie did a terrific job! She has such poise and confidence. Good job!

She's amazing. She did a marvelous job at such a young age. She's going to be great at TOPs.
T
Floor- 8.8 -this was a shocker because I thought she did great and has never scored lower than a 9 on floor but oh well
Did you see what they gave her for a start value? I think she needed the leg up turn to count as her second B, but I'm not sure if they would have given it to her because she didn't keep her leg above horizontal the whole time.

wow she is amazing it is very hard to believe she is only 7! Her form is just so beautiful. How long has she been doing gymnastics and how many hours does she train? Good luck to her at level 8!

WHAT????!!!! She is Fabulous! Wowza! What a cute little peanut....I'm not sure what was more impressive, her gymnastics or your video! ;) Thanks for posting.....so fun to watch and listen too! ;)

I admit, I make a horrible judge so I'm not even going to try, LOL, but she looked good to me! CONGRATS! Even if it wasn't the scores you expected, you should be so proud, what a cutie!

I love her BEAM!! she has great control on that

If I am going to guess at scores I would say

V - 8.7
Bars - 8.8
Beam - 9.2
Floor - 8.7

Oh I just read down and saw I was very close to what she got in my guess.

there were several areas that seemed to be a little choppy in areas and to have some baby steps and her leaps were a little off on floor of course that is from the perspective of a mom not a judge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back