WAG L6 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Quick question for all of you who have been here, what scores better in your opinion, or experience.
A clean routine with good form, which makes it above horizontal on all casts, and free hip, but does not get up to handstand.
Or
A routine with not good form, a bit sloppy, but that can get closer to handstand....

Also, what is the deduction for a flyaway that is slightly bent ant the hips?

Clean beats it, as long as it is above horizontal. At least, that is what my daughter has been told. Gee I wonder why my daughter was told this? Hah!;)

Clean routine. The max deduction for casts not to HS is .3 (if they are at horizontal). If they are 45 degrees from Horizontal you are only looking at like a 1.5-2 deduction. When you consider they can deduct up to .3 for bent legs and arms and up to .3 for arch and if they still don't make it to HS you also incur that deduction. Your best bet is to design the routine with minimal casts. Flyaway can be tucked, piked or lay out position.

Clean routine. The max deduction for casts not to HS is .3 (if they are at horizontal). If they are 45 degrees from Horizontal you are only looking at like a 1.5-2 deduction. When you consider they can deduct up to .3 for bent legs and arms and up to .3 for arch and if they still don't make it to HS you also incur that deduction. Your best bet is to design the routine with minimal casts. Flyaway can be tucked, piked or lay out position.
Oh good.....so my munchie will be doing a tucked flyaway, even though it's supposed to be a layout flyaway! lol

Oh good.....so my munchie will be doing a tucked flyaway, even though it's supposed to be a layout flyaway! lol
Mine has been working her layout, but her tuck looks so much better, so that's what she competes :) (both in bars and floor).
Hoping maybe by the end of the season for it to be layout, but all are happy with the tuck (thankfully)

For L6 there is no supposed to with the dismount. Your gym may prefer the layout; but tuck, piked or layout are all allowed in L6.

Sce, coach wants her to do a layout flyaway......which she is doing, it's just her little butt sticks out, and voila, pike-ish layout flyaway.......I'm glad it can be any three though, I thought it had to be tucked, or layout.....this in between works well for her. ;)

Clean routines that meet the requirements tend to win at level 6 and 7.

Dismount can be tuck, pike, or layout. Our gym also "wants" the girls to do layouts. But guess what, the girls with mediocre layouts competed tucks at the last regular season meet and states/regionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back