WAG L7 Beam Questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
I'm still trying to figure out some things on L7 beam, so would appreciate thoughts. First, how long can a gymnast pause prior to a skill before there's a deduction? Second, is the gymnast required to have a 180 split on a bwo to get full credit on the skill? If not 180, what's the split requirement (I want to say L6 was 150 on beam)? Third, if a gymnast subtly "taps" or moves foot prior to performing a skill, would that be a deduction? Finally,how tight do the tucks need to be on the dismount (whether front tuck or back tuck)? I saw a gymnast from another gym what looked like a "cowboy" style dismount. She still scored well, but it just looked plain ugly. Thanks as always.

"First, how long can a gymnast pause prior to a skill before there's a deduction?"
- 2 Seconds

"Second, is the gymnast required to have a 180 split on a bwo to get full credit on the skill?"
- They don't need to hit 180 to get credit for the BWO, but they will get an insufficient split deduction if it's less than 180. No matter how big the split, they still get credit for the BWO.

"Second, is the gymnast required to have a 180 split on a bwo to get full credit on the skill?"
- They don't need to hit 180 to get credit for the BWO, but they will get an insufficient split deduction if it's less than 180. No matter how big the split, they still get credit for the BWO.

Don't sweat the 180 split...... If they aren't flexible enough to make the 180 they'll just mess up their alignment by trying to get close to 180. It's better to work flexibility somewhere else and then just do the best split you can do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back