DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

front handspring, round off
front handspring, bhs
front handspring, front handspring
front handspring, front or side aerial
round off, bhs
round off, back tuck

Mostly just saying random things, but I hope this helps!

She could get bonus from a conection I belive. so if she did fhs(B) then back tuck(C) she could get a tenth bonus if i am correct. she just has to have 2 flight skills for it to count as a seires.

On a side note, she could also do back layout stepout instead of back tuck if needed, I just thought it'd be easier to throw from a stand.

In level nine, your start value is a 9.7, and you need to earn the last .3. This can be done by getting .1 from C+B or B+C connections and .2 from C+C. You can only get connection bonuses.
The back tuck is a C skill, and so is a back layout step out. A front aerial is a D skill, and a side aerial is either a C or D skill. In level nine, you get C credit for your D/E skills so they count for bonus.

Any of those series' into one of those flips will get you a .1 bonus.

Maybe back tuck-back tuck or front handspring- flip flop?

I've only seen something similar to back tuck back tuck once and it was in elite competition. The hard part about connections is that you are not allowed to swing your arms between the skills. In level 9 most people are just learning their back tucks on beam, so to connect two without a swing seems a bit unrealistic. Cool and fun to watch, but unrealistic.

Last edited:
I've only seen something similar to back tuck back tuck once and it was in elite competition. The hard part about connections is that you are not allowed to swing your arms between the skills. In level 9 most people are just learning their back tucks on beam, so to connect two without a swing seems a bit unrealistic. Cool and fun to watch, but unrealistic.

I competed this several times and I have seen many others do it as well for a number of reasons... And yes, it is very difficult to get the connection because it has to be so quick and have ZERO arm swing. I have never seen any elites do it...

I competed this several times and I have seen many others do it as well for a number of reasons... And yes, it is very difficult to get the connection because it has to be so quick and have ZERO arm swing. I have never seen any elites do it...

I had a gymnast w back issues compete this series in L9-did it well & got credit every time.

I understand that its a pretty cool series that gets decent connection value. I just wanted to say that in level 9 where gymnasts are finally competing their back tucks on beam, the gymnast would have to be really good at them to do two in a row.
I've also never seen it in person, so I don't know how long it takes to train.

I think I saw Melissa Metcalf doing back tuck back pike? I may be mistaken, it was a long time ago.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back