Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coach Liukin saw how determined she was, he saw her put a lot of effort in her conditioning. He gave her many compliments on her great work and said "When you're ready to train again you'll be one of the strongest in this gym!" This made Jenny feel great and push harder. That night Jenny....

..forgot about all her hard work when she picked up her phone and saw that jake and texted her: "hey hows training going, your amazing at is, miss you <3 -- jake"

She sat on her bed for hours looking at the text thinking about what to reply. She ended up replying "it's hard, how's school going, miss you too.x"

He replied "Oh yeah i bet. It's good I am making some friends." Jenny replied "That's great!! Gymnastics is going good but I hurt my wrist. :(" He replied saying...

really, thats too bad. How did you do that? I hope you get well soon. Do you have to take time off?
But she never got a chance to reply because she fell asleep, tired after all of that conditioning.

Jake sat up all night waiting...waiting...and waiting for a response it didn't come that night, that morning or the following day.

After staring at his phone for 2 days straight he gave up and figured Jenny was just too good for him now, he knew she was probably just busy but because of know answer he felt betrayed like she didnt care about him like he did for her.

Jenny was so soar everytime she got home she took a shower and went to bed but around 9:30 that night Hannah texted her which remined her of Jake texting her she texted Hannah who said "Hey, how's your wrist feeling?" She quickly replied "Better, but everything else is so soar!" She texted Hannah for the next hour talking about tons of different things and Hannah invited her over that weekend.
After she said bye to Hannah she decided to text Jake before he thought she was ignoring him she texted him saying, "I am so sorry for not repling that night!! I did a backtuck on the beam and fell on my wrist. :( I don't have to take time off I just go in and condition." Jake replied....

"Why didn't you answer my text? I was really dissapointed when you didn't reply." Jenny explained that she was so exhausted from conditioning all day that she fell asleep, and said once again how sorry she was. Jake forgave her, but was still a little hesitant to believe her, so he made an excuse and said he had to go. Jenny was sad but understood that Jake would need some time, so she goodbye. The next day...

Megan and Taylor met Jenny at the gym when she arrived for morning practice.

Megan smiled and said "Hey Jenny, how are you after practice yesterday? Intense, huh?"

Jenny replied with a small smile and a tired nod of her head, after having a restless sleep thinking about Jake and how she could make it up to him.

"What's up? You seem sad..." Megan started, but Taylor interrupted her -
"Oh yeah Jenny! My dad told me that Coach Liukin has a special announcement for us today before we start practice! I wonder what it's going to be about" she said, excitedly.

"Her dad is the coach of the boys team" Megan explained. "He always knows things before everyone else."

"Oh, that's cool..." Jenny began, only to be interrupted this time by Coach Liukin calling the gymnasts to the floor....

And with that sentence the gym was silent. You could have heard a pin drop. The tension rose as Coach Liukin waited a few moments before opening his mouth and saying

"We will be having a few special guest coming to watch you all. These two people will watch the girls and boys individually to see who is ready to go on the USA Gymnastics Team!!" The silence became loud cheers and WOW's! Jenny wanted to know when they would be coming she hoped not too soon because she was going to be able to practice again next week! The coaches told everyone to quiet down and Coach Liukin continued, "They will be coming in 2 weeks, so be on your best behavior and try your hardest!" Jenny knew that this was less time then she needed but she was conditioning so hard she had a feeling it would all pay off.
That Saturday after practice Jenny went to the doctors they took some xrays of her wrist. Jenny was so nervous but when they came in and said her wrist was looking great and she could defenitly practice on Monday, relief and happiness filled her.
After her appointment she went over Hannah's for the sleepover! She told Hannah the great news and they celebrated with some great movies and ice cream. They talked about the USAG Team and hoped that they would go together! The next day...

was a normal sunday, well as normal as it could get when you know that you have two weeks to show you have what it takes to go on the USA gymnastics team. She spent all of sunday (which was normally her rest day) at an open gym just down the road. She worked hard she pushed herself as hard as she could go but...

she just couldn't get over her fear of going for a back tuck on the beam all by herself, however everything else was going great!

she knew that if she could just get that back tuck on beam she was guaranteed a spot of the National Team.

She pictured herself on the beam doing it. She lifted her arms up and in one quick second her feet were back on the beam! She did it, she knew she could accomplish whatever she wanted no matter what now!

She did plenty more and was so happy! She was very confident and decided to try it on the midbeam she landed perfectly and worked her way up to the highest beam! She was so happy and proud! The next day in the gym when she showed Coach Liukin he was very impressed and said "Wow! That conditioning really paid off great job and keep up the great work!" Jenny was so happy she smiled and replied "Thank you!!"
Jenny worked so hard those two weeks she learned so many new skills she got her double back and double pike on floor, and her backtuck on beam in those 2 weeks of training!!!
It was the day they would come!!! Jenny had gotten plenty of sleep and was ready to go she put on her favorite leotard and she got in the car. Her parents were also very excited and belived that there daughter deserved to be on the USAG Team.
Jenny and the other girls and boys were warming up the USAG Coaches would be there soon and Jenny felt great!! They all were paired up with some one who was around the same skill level as they were. Hannah and Taylor were paired up and Megan and Jenny were paired up together. The USAG Coaches were going to pick 4 girls and boys to be on the team. They arrived and everyone began. Jenny nailed all 4 events the best that she could. When they had to show there strength Jenny had no problem with it she had been just doing conditioning for a while and it became easy for her.
When all the girls and boys were done they all rested to wait and see who had made it. The USAG Coaches came out and began saying how good of gymnast they all were. They named the four boys going to be on the USAG Team and then it was the girls turn to see who was going to be on the USAG Team!! Jenny held her breath as the Coach began saying, "The four girls that will join these boys on the USAG Team is....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannah,Megan,Taylor,and.........Ashely!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Thanks for all of you coming to show us your stuff. Hopefuly we will be able to come back soon! Could the 8 newly selected National Team members come up here so we can talk to you about arrangements." Jenny could feel all of her hopes go down the toliet. "they dont want me." She thought. Jenny was dissapointed in herself and in her decision for coming here. She just wasn't good enough. She wouldn't tell her parents though,because they had given up soo much for her my moving here to train. One of the National Team selection committie came up to her and said" You were great out there Jenny!You have so much potential we know and we just though you weren't ready this time. I hope we will talk again." Then she walked away.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back