K

katlinchen

Title says pretty much everything.

How many

leg lifts
pull ups
push ups
chin up pullovers

can the average female level 10 gymnast do?

other levels would be interesting as well!

thanks!

no way to assess. some level 10's can't do any of that stuff and are at Nationals every year. some can and are there also.

then you have both that never get to Nationals.

My dd is 9 and a L5...at her gym the L5s are required to do 20 leg lifts, 10 pull ups, 10 chin ups and 10 pull up/candlesticks (I think that's the closest I can come to chin up pullovers). The test the girls every month--only a few can meet all the requirements, but they get loads of conditioning drills at every practice (the others may never 'catch up,' but they improve over the season, which is what the coaches are looking for).

How many?

leg lifts.................................. not enough
pull ups................................ never enough
push ups............................... hardly ever enough
chin up pullovers................. won't get to enough

Seriously, we all want each gymnast to do her own best, but I hope that doesn't keep some gymnasts from giving you the numbers that they are doing.

no way to assess. some level 10's can't do any of that stuff and are at Nationals every year. some can and are there also.

then you have both that never get to Nationals.
All level 10's would be able to do these basic exercises, if not there is no way they could succeed AT&T his level.

huh? "AT&T" ? what is that?? and by the way, some of the kids that go to the ranch aren't the very best at some of the physical abilities testing and they do the most amazing gymnastics that anyone has ever seen. gymnastics is not just about 'strength'. without technique and biomechanical efficiency you got nothing.

it's a mixed bag Aussiecoach...:)

All level 10's would be able to do these basic exercises, if not there is no way they could succeed AT&T his level.

I agree they would be able to do some. I think dunno's point was you might be surprised. Also before I read the list carefully I would have assumed it had things like Stalder presses and we definitely have had tons of level 10s and even some elites in our country that can't do those. You might be surprised. The US is a very flexible system. You won't see many NCAA teams pumping out stalders for conditioning. They do other things.

huh? "AT&T" ? what is that?? and by the way, some of the kids that go to the ranch aren't the very best at some of the physical abilities testing and they do the most amazing gymnastics that anyone has ever seen. gymnastics is not just about 'strength'. without technique and biomechanical efficiency you got nothing.

it's a mixed bag Aussiecoach...:)
AT&T is my ipad doing random auto corrections, it is meant to say at this.

I am not saying a level 10 gymnast should be able to do a lot of the above strength, but have you really ever met a level 10 who could not do even 1 leg lift, or pull-up, or chin up pullover or push up.

The original post I am quoting says that some level 10's can do none of this!

okay. they can probably do 1 of each of those. although i have seen some leg lifts at bars that were questionable and they dismount with back in full out. lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back