WAG Level 4 bar deductions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LIGYMMOM

Proud Parent
Can anybody help me find bar deductions for level 4? I'm having a hard time finding anything. DD has a pretty good kip, does straight arm most of the time, although her feet flex in the beginning of her glide and her legs can bend a little bit. Her squat on troubles me (of course I tell her it looks fantastic) but she's got these long legs and her knees go off to one side when she squats on. I just want to know what to expect. We have about 2 months until our first meet and I know a lot can be improved during this time but I seem to remember the judging being a lot tougher for the level 5's last year.

I would look for bar deductions for the old L5 routine as I think they are very similar. I am sure that the flexed feet in the glide would be a bit of a deduction maybe .1 or .2? and bent legs as well. Not sure about the squat on thing. I have not seen one that turned to the side slightly but knowing gymnastics......there is probably a deduction;). I know that there used to be a website that had the deductions posted but I can't remember where.

Thanks, I'll check level 5. Jago I'm not planning to coach her, I just want to be able to wrap my mind around the scores when I watch her meets. It's like going to a baseball game without knowing the rules. ;)

Her coaches should be doing squat on drills with her. And having her do repetitive squat ons while her knees hold something (a bean bag, scarf, wrist band.....)
Good luck

Can someone post a video of what a good tap swing is supposed to look like in the level 4/5 routines? The mechanics are a bit of a mystery to me since I've seen them done in many different ways at the meets.

This girl is doing beautiful routines.

There are also a couple of YouTube channels that have the routines broken down by skill and major deductions. Just search around on YouTube a bit. Not too hard to find the general educational level of info you are looking for.

Yes ^^ good straight arm kips, legs together, pretty good tap swings, and cast height. That was a good example.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back