WAG Level 4 music question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amusibus

Proud Parent
Quick question. My kid is preteam, but we switched to this gym about 5 or 6 months ago. I've heard totally different music coming from the back of the gym when th level fours here are doing their floor routine, versus the music the old gym was using. And it was the exact same routine they were doing, just to different music. I didn't know there were choices for this. What gives?

There are two different pieces of music for each optional level. Ne set is olde, but gyms get to choose which to use. Imagine this will change with the new system.

USAG compulsory levels (1-6) change routines every 8 years, but new music is introduced every 4 years. I'm not sure which gym was using which, but one was using the newer music and one was using the older music. Both are acceptable, the routine is the same to either music. You'll hear both at meets. Not sure if they plan to change the new/old music idea with the routines changing after this year or not. As a coach, I am very much for it- helps break up the monotony of compulsories!

USAG compulsory levels (1-6) change routines every 8 years, but new music is introduced every 4 years. I'm not sure which gym was using which, but one was using the newer music and one was using the older music. Both are acceptable, the routine is the same to either music. You'll hear both at meets. Not sure if they plan to change the new/old music idea with the routines changing after this year or not. As a coach, I am very much for it- helps break up the monotony of compulsories!

I agree! My 2yo hums both the L3 & L4 music now! The levels practice together, so we get to hear it a lot! Can't wait for next year's routines/music.

ok, thanks. One song is upbeat and jumpy, the other is kind of depressing sounding, I can't imagine dancing to it.

In level 5, we call one music set "the funeral music" and one music "the stripper music " ! LOL

I personally think the routine "goes better" with the stripper music, but whatever ...

Lol, I think it is funny a lot of people think new Level 5 sounds like "funeral music." It's not great, but I think the music has definitely improved throughout the years. I used to think my old Level 6 music was like very dramatic funeral music - that's going at least several rounds of routines back! Maybe it hasn't improved as much as I thought. :)

Our gym uses the new music, I.e. funeral music, and i actually like the dramatic feel to it. I don't care for the stripper music, especially when the girls are on the floor! But we parents have so much fun with it when we go to meets.

Yes, we probably embarrass or daughters!
Sent from my LGL55C using ChalkBucket mobile app

I hate the newer music - it doesn't seem to have as many defining beats or obvious transitions. Just my opinion - maybe if our gym actually used the newer music and I heard it more often (other than at the occasional meet) I would start to recognize more of those places where you know certain skills and movements belong.

It think for L4, the newer music is better, but for L5, the older is better. For some reason it "fits" better with the routines and the girls have an easier time knowing what comes next just by listening. I'm looking forward to a little variety next year!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back