Parents Level 6 season almost over

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

I haven't posted in a while but I do browse once and a while.

Well, I cannot believe our meet season is over. We're just waiting for Sectionals which isn't until the end of April. Good thing, too, because Olivia is injured. Turns out she has a stress fracture (Dr. also called it a "stress reaction") in her right ankle. I guess it's something that's been there a while and now she's growing and her growth plates are getting bigger so it's causing her pain. She had an x-ray and an MRI done over the last 2 weeks and now she's on crutches. She had to miss a meet last weekend (the Pink Invitational) but she was okay about it. It's just a shame because she has been getting her BWO on beam consistantly and her tumbling was getting higher on floor. But, now she's not allowed to tumble, dismount, vault or run. She still goes to practice but does a lot of conditioning. She's going to have even bigger arm muscles! ;)

I just wanted to let you know we're still here!:)

What a bummer! I hope that things are healed up nicely and she can get back to regular workouts soon. It's hard to keep a gymmie down, lol. Our States for Level 6 are in 2 1/2 weeks. You're sectionals are a long time away, and she'll have plenty of time to re-coup and be ready. Good luck!

I was wondering how things were going!

I know you were suppose to be in the next session at Pink, but our girls got moved and didn't end up competing until after 8:00 pm. At least she still gets her leo from the meet.

Glad she is resting it and hope she feels better soon. When are your states? They must be late.

So sorry to hear that Olivia is injured. It's great that you don't have a sectional until the end of April. That should give her plenty of time to heal up. Our Level 6 states is in the middle of April - so early this year!

Good luck with the recovery!! She's got plenty of time to re-coup, hope all goes well!:)

I was wondering how things were going!

I know you were suppose to be in the next session at Pink, but our girls got moved and didn't end up competing until after 8:00 pm. At least she still gets her leo from the meet.

Glad she is resting it and hope she feels better soon. When are your states? They must be late.

Our girls competed in Session 3 on Friday at the Pink meet. What a mess that was with the weather. The leos are very nice, too, and she put it on, even though she didn't compete! She's feeling better already after using the crutches for the last 4 days. Another week or so and she should be okay to go without them.

Our sectionals are April 23-25th and our States are May 7-9. She's already looking forward to picking out her own music for level 7. They'll start those skills right after states.

Sorry she missed the Pink Invite, it was a hectic meet, daughter cometed Sunday. Good luck to her healing for sectionals, it seem so far away. how exciting that she will be getting her own floor music soon.

That is a bummer. Hope she heals fast and is all better for sectionals and then States. And then on to Level 7!! How exciting for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back