WAG Level 8 Beam- Enough As and Bs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
I believe you're incorrect. It's .05 instead of .1 if the dismount is forward. Can anyone confirm?

0.10 deduction if missing a front/side or back acro element entirely
0.05 deduction if the only front/side or back acro element is the dismount

Just wondering about what you said here: Some of my L9 teammates do front full/ standing arabian dismounts. Would they get deducted for not having a connection dismount (i.e. RO full, BHS full etc)?

There is a small composition deduction if it's not connected - not sure if it is .05 or .1 (the SR is just a B dismount). It's small, so probably not worth the risk connecting it if you don't perform it well. I can easily see coaches not worrying about, but it's in the COP. Ask your coach if you can see the COP - you'd be amazed at all the composition deductions for beam.

FLO is a B. 1/2 or full tucks are also B dismounts.

There is a small composition deduction if it's not connected - not sure if it is .05 or .1 (the SR is just a B dismount). It's small, so probably not worth the risk connecting it if you don't perform it well. I can easily see coaches not worrying about, but it's in the COP. Ask your coach if you can see the COP - you'd be amazed at all the composition deductions for beam.

FLO is a B. 1/2 or full tucks are also B dismounts.

Front tuck or pike, or front tuck or pike 1/2 are actually A dismounts. It has to be a front layout or front layout half to be a B dismount. :D

Just wondering about what you said here: Some of my L9 teammates do front full/ standing arabian dismounts. Would they get deducted for not having a connection dismount (i.e. RO full, BHS full etc)?

A level nine has to have a B dismount, so if they do a B dismount not connected to anything, they would lose 0.05 in composition. However, if they are doing a harder isolated dismount, like a front full (which is a C), they wouldn't get a composition deduction.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back