Coaches Level Progression Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wanted to get opinions on how to balance the importance of scoring well and progressing thru the levels. My dd is a 12 yo level 7 with hopes to compete in college. Assuming she can achieve the skills quickly,how fast can she be moved up?Is there an approach to fast tracking gymnasts so they can get to levels 9-10 quickly so they can work a few years at those levels?Presently she can do many level 8 skills,some 9 skills and was told by a former coach that they wanted to move her along more quickly and not get too hung up on scores. Is that a common strategy?

Do they want her to do multiple levels in one season OR are they saying they will move her up at the end of the season regardless on how she scores in her current level?

I wanted to get opinions on how to balance the importance of scoring well and progressing thru the levels. My dd is a 12 yo level 7 with hopes to compete in college. Assuming she can achieve the skills quickly,how fast can she be moved up?Is there an approach to fast tracking gymnasts so they can get to levels 9-10 quickly so they can work a few years at those levels?Presently she can do many level 8 skills,some 9 skills and was told by a former coach that they wanted to move her along more quickly and not get too hung up on scores. Is that a common strategy?

yes, common strategy for someone your daughter's age.

Forget the individual event requirements at the "current level", don't worry about falls brought on by working skills that exceed the minimums, and train for the destination......as long as both gymnast and coach are on the same page and each has the ability to make it work.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back