levels in college gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i was wondering if anyone could tell me the different levels in college gymnastics and how they correlate with usag levels. i know that most college gymnasts are level 9 or 10 equivelent, but what about intercollegiate? or the other levels? are they the same?

NCAA gymnastics has their own code of points. If you are comparing it to USAG it's closest to level 10 though the requirements are different. There aren't levels. I'm not sure about club gymnastics in college.

Club gymnastics is probably closest to level 8 in its requirements, but I know the girl from our gym that placed at club nationals had been a level 10 in high school. The biggest difference is the intensity and number of hours of practice. There are several former level 9s and 10s on club teams, but they are probably not putting in the time to maintain their most difficult skills.

Club gymnastics (NAIGC) uses USAG L9 rules with bonus for Ds and Es, and a lot of former L9s and 10s are able to maintain their skills and add new ones.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back