Little Emma got her press handstand today! Watch the video!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OH MY GOD, I can't believe I'm writing this: my little Emma GOT HER PRESS! It wasn't too pretty or under control but she did it! She has been practicing it for about a year now but actually I thought that it wasn't even realistic goal. The girls practice just two hours two times a week so she has done almost all the hard work at home.

She's the first gymnast ever to whom I have taught this skill! Luckily I had my camera with me. There she is:

[video=youtube;D54Bbvwbh14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D54Bbvwbh14[/video]

Lovely - we call them Elephant Lifts :), mine has been able to do hers for a while but its taken her quite a long time to control the copmming back down. Her coach has set her the target of doing 10 in a row now :rolleyes:

Congrats she looks so happy

'margo

Thank you everyone! She's going to compete level C this fall. We live in Finland and the levels are very different here. But level C includes same skills that the level 4 and 5 in USA (beam cartwheel, handstand, split jump, floor front handspring, round-off, back walkover, vaul handstand flatback, bars baby giant or kip, back hip circle and so on) : ) She's very exciting to move up! Actually she doesn't need the press anywhere in a long time... But I think that it's nice skill to have ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back