WAG LOL @ my daughter and calluses

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

One day, I was holding my daughter's hand and I started mindlessly playing with her calluses. She asked me what I was doing. I said that I was appreciating the little speed bumps on her hand. She laughed and lanughed and then said, "Seriously, Dad, what are you doing?" I replied, "I like them; they're like little badges you earned through hard work."

She recently had her first rips which tore the calluses off of her right hand. Now she makes a point of only holding my right hand with her left. Last night she was holding my hand. She gave me a stern look and said, "Dad, you're not playing with them!" I was cracking up. All I could think is that nobody outside of this sport would be able to appreciate this kind of occurrence.

cbone -

All I can say is "out of the mouths of babes!" From one who has been there, I must say to you to cherish these moments as our fabulous girls grow up way too fast. This will undoubtedly be one of those moments (hopefully out of many) that you will look back on when you are an empty nester and get a smile on your face. These moments will sustain us into the later years.

Good Luck in the season (and stock up on the preparation H for the rips)!

I already have so many good memories and I will love this sport for the rest of my life (even if my daughter finds her way out of it).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back