Lowest scores ever?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lowest score I've seen was at a meet about a month ago- a 2. Bars, Level 5. Girl couldn't make her squat on, tried twice, then just tapped the bar and quit. I thought they weren't supposed to flash the score if it was under 5, but they did.

My son could only do one circle on the mushroom last season, and he consistently scored 9's. He thought that was pretty bad, but I guess if it was considered a fall on all three of them, then he did pretty well. We saw lots of 5's and 6's on pommel/mushroom for level 4. Remember, that score is out of 15 (16? with bonus, I think, Idk-boys scores still mess me up) I do remember him telling me not to cheer if he got 10's because, unlike the girls, 10 is baaaad!! lol.

my experience at seeing scores is pretty small. My dd competed for the first time last year as an L2..so all Ive really sat down and watched were the L2s and L3s. At one meet all the itty bitties were falling off the bars. (I honestly think something was up with the bar..as the ALL slipped off) and one little girl ended up with a 4.8.

My DD got a 2.2 on bars the first time out as a level 5. It was her first gymnastics meet ever, and she didn't know that if you don't even try a skill, they take 2 points off the top. She knew she didn't have a kip, so she didn't even try it, and you needed 2 at that time. No worries, though -- she ended up bars champion at Regionals when she was a level 8! One of her teammates got a 1.5 at a level 9 meet on beam. She fell on her back tuck, cracked her head on the beam, and was clearly unable to continue. She was okay, but only after several minutes on the floor. It was scary enough without the judges adding insult to injury! You would have thought that they would simply score her as a scratch.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back