Make it or break it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok i was watching make it or break it on my phone today and I am just now realizing that In kayley parkersburg bar routine at worlds if you look close enough you can see the camera directly under the bar... Couldn't they atleast try to disguise it? ThT and the size of the beam just amazes me... In Stick it you never saw the cameras or the rue size of the beam... Couldn't they have disguised it inmmake it or break it to?

The show has blatant disregard for the realistic aspects of gymnastics, which is absolutely annoying, but if the key audience it was marketing to has little to no knowledge of the actual sport who can spot those differences? The directors could have disguised the whole facade better as they did in Stick It but the show was not meant to reach out to gymnasts as Stick It was intentionally made for (it actually showed some realistic circumstances in the world of gymnastics), Make it or Break it is more of an entertaining sitcom than an insite into the "real" gymnastics world so why should the directors bother with incacuricies?

there's so many things wrong with that show, it's funny. i still love watching it though!
the size of the beams is hilarious!

I only saw one episode. The main girl had to get a good score on her vault to go to nationals. She did a tucked tsuk, A wimpy one at that. Since that vault has almost no value at that level, I'm not really sure how it got her to nationals. I stopped watching after that since it appears to be another teenage drama show that has little to do with the sport. It does give it some publicity though.

I know!!! I wish we could compete on that size beam maybe I would finally get my bhs layout stepout instead of only doing them on floor! It never really bothered me because I liked the show but I saw the camera in the bar shoot and I was like really... Just with the camera I feel they could have done a better job disguising and I also saw the cameras on the end of the beams as well

Lets face it it could be any sport for that show and the story could be the same with very little changes. Its a soap opera and instead of being in a hospital its at a gym. Wish it would be more realistic but then you wouldn't have all the drama. Ok really who has all that drama on the teams at their gym? No one that's who.

Lets face it it could be any sport for that show and the story could be the same with very little changes. Its a soap opera and instead of being in a hospital its at a gym. Wish it would be more realistic but then you wouldn't have all the drama. Ok really who has all that drama on the teams at their gym? No one that's who.
Unfortunately at my gym we have a lot of the friendship drama:( our team has never gotten along and has alwYs had the clique that your parents had to enroll you in when you were1... Which I was not

This show cracks me and my dd up. The routines are so sub par! The drama is so overblown! Still it's something we can share.

Unfortunately at my gym we have a lot of the friendship drama:( our team has never gotten along and has alwYs had the clique that your parents had to enroll you in when you were1... Which I was not

I've never seen that at all in any gym. Yes I've seen a few of "those types of parents" at meets and once in a while but the gym my dd is at now parents get along, kids get along It's one of the best group of girls I've seen no one gets left out and they have a ball together and we have girls on the optional team from 11yo - 17 yo and they all are very protective of each other and very supportive of each other.

MIOBI is a tv show, Stick It is a movie; I don't think one can really compare the production quality between the two. There is no way a weekly tv show is going to be able to compete with a star-studded movie in terms of production.

Even though it's a MIOBI teen soap opera, I think it's great to get the sport out there in pop culture. My biggest complaint is that, while the Stick It gymnast stunt doubles got a lot of credit, you really have to dig to hear anything about the MIOBI stunt doubles - it's almost like the producers want the audience to believe that the actresses are doing the gymnastics themselves. I do, however, like the fact that most of the body types they have picked for the actresses look a lot like real gymnasts.

I also love the fact that, while I am the mom of a gymnast dd who I think is way too young to watch MIOBI and I record it and watch it by myself after she goes to bed, when I admitted doing that to the other gym moms, they all said they did it too! Ha! :D

I also love the fact that, while I am the mom of a gymnast dd who I think is way too young to watch MIOBI and I record it and watch it by myself after she goes to bed, when I admitted doing that to the other gym moms, they all said they did it too! Ha! :D

We just started streaming netflix. I had never seen the show before, but had heard it mentioned here, so when I saw that I could watch all the episodes (1st two seasons) on Netflix, I decided to give it a try. I will admit, I am hooked. I'm maybe about 2/3 of the way through the first season.

I let my DD watch it but after about 4 episoids of the first season she said this isn't about gymnastics and proceeded to critque all the moves etc. since then she doesn't watch it at all. I have to admit I do watch it as I do like the soap opera of the story but I just wish they wouldn't make it seem like the issues are related to gymnastics only.

i do agree that this show is addicting. but in no way shape or form is it addicting because of the gymnastics. i cant wait for the new season to start. does anyone know if there is going to be a next season?? there was some debate of it getting canceled before the finale last season.

Ok, I must admit....I secretly love watching this show and .... ok, don't hate me but I also love watching Hellcats too!!

Oh I go to a very small gym and if you lOok through some of the threads i posted you'll see one of the recent problems I've had with a girl... We have 4 optionals an all of us get along with the younger girls but the optionals there is this clique that I'm left out of unfortatly...

What happened at the end of the last season bothers me, but I don't want to talk about it and ruin it for anyone who is still catching up, so the spoiler is written in white below:

Emily decided to keep the baby. I'm annoyed that the show is employing a teen pregnancy drama, but I guess the actress was pregnant in real life so maybe that's why they did it (she's really in her 20s). I notice that she is still in the opening credits though, which means she's still part of the show even though they have moved the character out to Las Vegas.
Sasha says she cannot have a baby and then be an elite gymnast - which is a good message, I think, to girls watching the show, but also untrue. As soon as he said that, I immediately thought of Oksana Chusovitina from the 2008 Olympics. A little research shows there are several more Olympic gymnasts who have competed (and won!) after becoming a mother.

I don't know what it is about the show but I can't wait when it's on to watch it that evening (I live in Ireland so download it in the morning before work and watch after work / gymnastics training).I come home and make my dinner and sit down to watch it.

I guess even though I hate Lauren i love the b*tchyness and sillyness of her character. Oddly Payson reminds me of a girl I used to train with, I guess in a way a load of us can relate to them in the gym - even though my gym has NEVER had that much drama lol!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back