WAG Meet Hair Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There's pros and cons. I am horrible with hair. If I can have it my way, it'd be a pony tail every meet. But since it's uniform, I have to watch YouTube videos on how to do hair. I hate doing hair :(

Our girls are required to wear their hair in a bun. My daughter has thin curly hair which she would rather keep cut pretty short. However, after a few seasons of her coach insisting they keep their hair the way the coach wanted it, she has it a bit longer now. It's still a stubby bun but a bun no less! She was tired of being talked to in a negative fashion and just gave up. Our gym owner has really short hair...was once asked why she kept her hair short and her response was because that's how she liked it. The gymnast said well that's why I keep mine short but now I'm being told it can't be that way by my coach?? I know my dd felt that way but am glad she didn't say anything like that!

Found it! She's a bit worried that it will feel weird, but if I try and minimise the skipping rope bit at the back and take it a bit further forward it might work. I am going to try it for practice tomorrow. Grades for us are only a week on Sunday and I want to find something she is comfortable with.
At the last regional championships there were a few girls who have what I call 'a lot of hair' and they had it swept into one high side bun. Unconventional but it avoided the whole roll on the beam situation and it was certainly out of the way.

I've got to figure something out for DDs hair ready for her comp on Saturday. She's begged for no bun as it gets in the way apparently, but it's far too long to just have as a ponytail.
Been trying to learn how to French plait but Im terrible at it! :(

It's getting her to sit down long enough to attempt anything, she starts moaning after 5mins lol
Hoping to have a proper trial run tomorrow, it's her only night off this week so she might not be as tired and grumpy as normal (or is that just wishful thinking!)

Gym rule is: whatever hair you want as long as no part is touching the shoulders or longer- so, for many girls this rules out a ponytail. Most wear buns- but no specific hairstyle is required.

I agree

I've got to figure something out for DDs hair ready for her comp on Saturday. She's begged for no bun as it gets in the way apparently, but it's far too long to just have as a ponytail.
Been trying to learn how to French plait but Im terrible at it! :(

Two high pigtails gelled back and secured tightly. Gel and braid them tightly, then secure the bottom with a small hair tie. Use another big hair tie to loop each braid back to the base.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back